Thread: Chapter 21 - Working on Interior, Already?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chapter 21 - Working on Interior, Already?

The countdown to Homecoming in May is already on...We will not let another year go by without the car there. We're working feverishly to get done and hit a couple milestones in the last week.

We finally got our e-brake working! We modded the brackets and moved it back in the tunnel for max clearance to the roll bar. Even with that, it's pretty close! Even closer is our clearance on the back side...Moving the brake back in the tunnel puts it within a finger width of the driveshaft safety loop. Despite being awfully snug, it's all there and bolted down.

With the e-brake in place we tackled the insulation. I ordered the aluminized carpet underlayment from JC Whitney since I had used it before and really liked the quality. I bought their big roll thinking I may have some waste and the cost was the same as two smaller rolls...What the heck? Hindsight is 20/20...I have WAAAAY too much. The insulation work is done and I have half left. Oops. Anyone need a deal on carpet underlayment?

Anyway, the dash is getting covered soon and we now also have our reworked door striker plates bolted to the chassis and body. It can be seen in one of the insulation pictures. I'm quite happy with the result and can't wait to get the doors in to try out our handiwork!

Next step - carpeting!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insul1.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	1300   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insul2.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	1301   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebrake1.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	232.5 KB 
ID:	1302   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebrake3.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	233.5 KB 
ID:	1303  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebrake4.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	231.0 KB 
ID:	1304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebrake6.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	220.1 KB 
ID:	1305  
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"