Thread: Jack Stands

Jack Stands

Can you guys tell me what Jack Stands to buy that fit well with a Unique 427?

Probably a dumb question...

Thanks,

R

Yup, a pretty dumb question. Jack stands are a safety device designed to hold the car up after you have already jacked the car up and removed the jack, so buy something that doesn't look flimsy. You don't want the car falling on you when you're crawling under it. To state this in another way -- all jack stands will work under a Cobra if they will work under any other normal sized car or truck.

Put something on top of your stands to keep from scatching your powder coated frame or rust will start where you scratched the frame.
    Jer

thanks jerry...

i knew it was a dumb question

just wanted to make sure...

thanks,

r

Not dumb at all

Rosco,

This is just the first if 1000 questions you will ask that you think you should know the answer to. Ask anyway. I kept 8 jack stands under my car during the build. Even those that assume you should know the answer had that and similar questions at some point in time. They just never asked here.

Good Luck !!
    427 SC Orange 406 FE from SA Tremec 600 #4279503

Who is Rosco?

Alan

The real question is where do you put the stands?

Be nice now! Some put them on the main rails, as others contend they belong on the a-frames and rear axles. The later keeps the chassis loaded, the former puts stress on the body, potentially causing body sag. What say you out there?

Rosco,

I was just feeling playful when I responded to your email. Agree with RicS, there is no such thing as a dumb question although us men always like to take the opportunity when it presents itself to rag on each other every once in a while to have some fun.
    Jer

Yep, there is a difference.

I have three sets and they are all different as to the area on top of the jack stands. I like a
    nice flat area on top because I use the frame rails to support my car. That's the only thing I thing I would look at. Other than that they are all pretty much the same.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear