New Viking Blue Paint:

Won't be long now!

Terry

Images like that make the pulse race.
    She's a looker even at this stage.

-Geary

Geary,

Thanks for the nice comments!

Just seeing the pictures and how far along it is really does make the pulse race...doesn't it!

Can't wait until I can pick it up later in the month and get it back to Houston to finish her up!

I'm deciding if I want to put an FIA or Rookie stripes on it and if so what color... no matter the color I will use vinyl tape as I did on my spec racer so that I can change them periodically if I get tired of one color.

We are shooting for the annual Texas Cobra Bash at the end of March in Austin to debut the car.

Terry
    Last edited by tcolley; January 14th, 2008 at 09:58 PM.

Terry,
    She is looking good!
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Terry,
    Will it be at Homecoming? It can debut along with our car! Looks nice, great job. We went with a red FIA stripe and meatballs. You could do a replica of the Shelby driving school cars that had no stripe but a white meatball and a "T" in the center.
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Brian,

We are planning on coming to home coming if at all possible.
    I like the idea of just the white meatball...where does the T go

In the middle of the meatball or beside it? In most of my racing career I ran the number 33 and was going to put that in the meatball. However, I did run the number 65 on my ffr spec racer...see attached photo of it at TWS.

Thanks for the input.

Regards,

Terry

Terry,
    Here is a couple pictures that I found on the web - Exoto makes a model of the car which is shown below. As you can see, the "T" replaces a number in the meatball. A unique look (no pun intended) and only for the Shelby faithful. It would be fun to see how many know what the car is replicating!

Last edited by nolastyankee; January 16th, 2008 at 02:27 PM.
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Brian,

Thanks for the photos! It would be a "real kick in the seat of the pants" to see if anyone really did know which car it replicates!

I will probably make up an extra set of these T Meatballs just for the fun of it in addition to my #33's that I am having made.

Terry