Thread: Experienced this......

Experienced this......

Has anyone experienced a voltage regulator that is not working when you first fire the beast up and then within minutes is working fine? I have an SA 406. It has hpaaened the last three starts. I usually subsrcibe to the theory on electronics that either it works or does not. Either way I see this one with a short life unless you tell me that is the inherent operating pattern of the part.

Number 2: Can one adjust the needle reading level of the SW Fuel gauge? Went for an on-going shake down cruise and came back with the gauge reading half way between a quarter of a tank and empty. When I started her up again, twenty seconds of "oh yeah" and then a few coughs and out. By the way who else learned this the hard way?

Thanks all, Ric
    427 SC Orange 406 FE from SA Tremec 600 #4279503

Fuel Gauge inaccurate

Ric,

Had the same problem the first time I drove mine. I think it sticks a little at first, maybe some of the preservative has to dissolve in the gas before it starts working correctly. The problem stopped after about 3 fill ups. It's read very accurately since. I carried a small 2 gallon gas can with me for about 3 years and finally took it out of the trunk after the surprises stopped on my 3rd fill up.
    Jer

when i first ran my motor it was not charging, turned out the alt. was only putting about 10 v. ,a whack with a plastic mallet and it went up to 14v. no problems since. my mechanic said it is not uncommon for alternators etc. to "stick "if they have sat for while.