Thread: Viking Blue 289 #2899527 is HOME!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Viking Blue 289 #2899527 is HOME!

We're Back!!!

After a 13 hour drive from Houston we arrived in Gadsden about 7PM Sunday night. Stayed at the Comfort Inn. We got up early to be at Unique at 8am on Monday morning. Met Jean first, then Alan and Maurice! Saw them put the finishing touches on my baby!

Like ya'll said it was really something to see it in person for the first time. Lance Rath my racing partner went with me and he could finally see what I had been telling him about the quality of the Unique cars and the friendliness of the entire Weaver family. We met most all the staff there and were given the tour...took a lot of pictures which I will post some later.

Packed up everything in our trailer and departed at 12noon on Monday. We had planned on driving about 1/2 way and spending the night and then driving in the rest of the way today. Well I got antsy and wanted to press on so that I could get things unloaded, etc. today...so we drove straight through again, arriving in Houston at 2AM this morning. Needless to say I am just a little tired...not as young as I used to be and don't re-cooperate nearly as quick.

But the BEAUTY is tucked away safely in my garage for now. I'm going to review the CD on finishing it out and probably start this weekend...if I can wait that long!

Can't wait to get it finished and break it in so that we can take it to Home Coming this year.

Thanks again to all for the kind words and stories of your deliveries.

Terry
    Viking Blue 289
    Last edited by tcolley; January 29th, 2008 at 11:14 AM.