Thread: Out of garage on its own power

Out of garage on its own power

Hi folks-

My 289 FIA car left the garage under its own power yesterday afternoon. I've got a few leaks to attend to, but I ran it in for 15 mins, and everything appears to be in pretty good shape otherwise. Now to finish up the wiring, fix my leaks, finish up the "small stuff" (that'll take a few months ;^) )and get it on the road.

All the best,
    Chris
    Big engines in little cars.

289 FIA, 347, Tremec 3550, Edelbrock performer RPM heads, air gap intake, hydraulic roller 227 intake 234 exhaust at .050. Ford Guardsman Blue paint.

Chris, I'm happy for ya Bud! Now that this milestone has been reached, tell us how many times you sat in the drivers seat in the garage (alone) and made all the requisite engine sounds while dreaming you're heading down your favorite twisty roads.
    Jim Harding
    #4279512 - SA452 - TKO600
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

I plead the 5th ;^).

All the best,
    Chris

289 FIA, 347, Tremec 3550, Edelbrock performer RPM heads, air gap intake, hydraulic roller 227 intake 234 exhaust at .050. Ford Guardsman Blue paint.

engine sounds? i just start mine for no reason!

Congrates! Now for FUN part 2.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Most of my leaks are fixed.....it's amazing what happens when you re-torque the manifold bolts :^O.

I still have a leak from the mechanical fuel pump boss on the timing cover since the pump is too big to fit properly. I have no idea what SBF application the edelbrock mechanical pump would fit without modification; unmodified, the fuel inlet runs directly into the oil filter in its stock location, and the baseplate that allows fuel intake/outlet from the bottom of the pump hits the front corner of the oil pan preventing a good seal to the timing cover. Problem is easily solved, all I need to do is a little bit of grinding to get it to fit but I'm just surprised that Edelbrock doesn't get swamped with complaints over it.

Been wiring in anger the last couple of days and making good progress. I really like the column mounted turn sig/horn/dimmer switch. Good stuff.

Does anyone have a slick setup for a seat slider?

All the best,
    Chris

A bit more progress.

As of last night, I think all of my leaks are fixed, and I managed to dig out a piece of aluminum tube that had broken off of the Lokar oil dipstick and fallen to the bottom of the pan. My wife and I took turns driving it around the block this weekend, can't complain about 80 and sunny in Feb here in Austin!

Now I need to get my hazards working, clean up my wiring, bolt my seats down, install the windshield and get to the inspection station.

Hope this link works:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...9&id=680497153

Take care!
    Chris