Thread: New guy

New guy

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself as a new forum member. I've had a love affair with Cobras since I was a kid. I have recently retired so I have the time to donate to a Cobra project. After about 2 years of research I chose Unique Motorcars. I drove from St. Louis to Gadsden on January 30, met the Weavers, had a good visit, left a deposit check and drove back home. On February 11, I caught a flight to Atlanta to see Southern Automotive. Bill Parham picked me up at the airport. Another good visit. I left a check and returned home. I should be taking delivery of the car in April. I'm not a mechanic but I know how to read, ask questions and follow directions. I'm sure I'll be a frequent visitor to this sight.

Thumbs up

Welcome Randy.

Good choice. You will find plenty of help here.
    Do you have a digital camera? Do you know how to post picture?

This will be very helpful in your build when you have questions.

How close are you to Gateway International Raceway?
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Randy

welcome--this bunch can be a lot of help.We like pictures--Will-alabama

WELOME and HANG ON!

You've made the right choices. Get ready for an experience of a lifetime. Have you picked out your transmittion, engine size, rear end, color paint, stripes or not........????
    I'd be happy to share what I know, and best of all "shut up" when I don't know. You'll find a wealth of experienced owners on this forum. Again, congratulations.

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. The car is a 427 model with a 3.31 rear end. The engine is a 390 bored and stroked to 552 with a toploader. A lot more horses then this old dude needs. Color will probably be some shade of silver. I haven't decided on the color of the stripe yet. I'll post pictures as I make progress. I live 45min. west of Gateway.

FINALLY! Another Unique in Missouri!

Randy: Welcome to the "club". I look forward to meeting you at various Ford events around the area.

Russ
    Unique 289FIA - Chassis #9229 - Viking Blue

Smile

Hi Randy & Welcome!

This is just the start of one of those great, enjoyable and sometimes trying journeys!

Lots of help from good guys on the forum to say the least.

Unique Motorcars & Southern Automotive are quality and class act people to deal with that will help with the many questions you may have (I had lots!) and stand behind the great products they build.

If you could pick up your car at Homecoming in May; that would be an unforgetable experience!
    Jeff

Unique 427 S/C #4279451
    Survival Motorsports FE482
    4 Speed Toploader (Nascar close ratio)