Thread: Slave cylinder mounting on Windsor

Slave cylinder mounting on Windsor

Has anyone figured out a graceful way to reduce the angle of the actuator shaft between the slave and clutch arm? I'm on my third slave and everytime I change one out, I swear I'm going to figure out a way to move the lower mounting hole away from the bell housing enough to get better alignment of the shaft. I'm thinking of getting a small piece of 1/2" plate with two tapped holes as close together as they can be without compromising integrity. I would bolt the plate to the lower mounting hole of the slave and run a second bolt through the bellhousing and spacer (reducing the spacer length by 1/2") and into the other hole in the plate. I figured 1/2" steel would provide sufficient support. Is there an easier way?
    427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
    427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
    Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

Tony,

That is what I use on my car. I used 3/8" plate. The slave lines up perfect with the arm. I have been running it that way since I built the car and no problems.

I will try to get some pictures If you would like some. But mine is a big block don't know how differnt they would be.

Rodney

Tony, 3/8" makes sense. It's probably more than enough. I've got a little machine shop near my office. I'm sure they can wag me up something pretty quick.
    427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
    427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
    Delicious example of Beauty + Power.