Thread: New pics of 2899521

New pics of 2899521

Hi folks-

I just took a few pictures of 9521 for the insurance folks, and thought I'd share. Getting closer, still need to work out hazards (waiting on a relay to arrive) bolt the seats down, and install belts and I SHOULD be ready for inspection.

http://picasaweb.google.com/wareham/...icallyComplete

I'm thinking about shooting the cockpit with lizard skin or something similar while I'm driving in gelcoat...I'd rather not install the interior until the car is painted, and I don't plan to do that for a while.

All the best,
    Chris
    Big engines in little cars.

289 FIA, 347, Tremec 3550, Edelbrock performer RPM heads, air gap intake, hydraulic roller 227 intake 234 exhaust at .050. Ford Guardsman Blue paint.

Looking good Chris, it looks like the wheel offsets turned out right, what gauges did you use.

Alan

Thanks Alan!

I need to space the wheels just a little bit to fill the fender wells a little more, but they turned out pretty good.

I love the gauges, they're revolution gauges (resold by kirkham and ffr.) Electronic, backlit like OEM so at night they're really easy to see, they're electronically adjusted (comes with a little button that plugs into the back of the gauge to program the speedo, clock, tach, fuel level) and they're only 1" deep behind the dash. I had a set of Classic Instruments in my previous car, and while I liked them, there was something about the lettering that bugged me a little bit. The lettering on these is a little more appealing to me.

These are my impressions from using them driving around the block, and turning the lights on in the garage, so I'll report back if my attitude changes once I have a chance to check them out on the road :^).

All the best,
    Chris

289 FIA, 347, Tremec 3550, Edelbrock performer RPM heads, air gap intake, hydraulic roller 227 intake 234 exhaust at .050. Ford Guardsman Blue paint.

Very, very nice. Love the look you created
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Hey Chris,

Looking good!

Whose side post mirrors did you use? Finishline? or

I like the Torque Thrust D's on the car make it look very period correct!

Regards,
    Terry
    Viking Blue 289 Competition Model
    Southern Automotive 351W
    Tremec TKO 600 5 speed
    3:42 Limited Slip
    3-piece Compomotive 17" Pin Drives

Torque thrust

I knew good and well those rims would look good on a Cobra, just couldn't find em to fit the SC. Will we see it at homecoming?

Chris, the car's looking good. And your choice of wheels, like other have said, was a good one. Of course, I have to agree because I've had a set of them on my old car for sometime now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jim Harding
    #4279512 - SA452 - TKO600
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

Chris - is that a Air-Gap Rpm Eldlebrook manifold. I bought one to put on my 396Windor but am worried about clearence with the hood closed. Can you give me any ideas of what you did. Also, how did you get both front wheels to fit that perfect?
    Bob

Hey, thanks for all the nice comments guys!

Terry - I got the side mirror from Finishline, and I really like it. I'll get another one for the other side when I get around to it, and will use the flat mirror on the cowl. Don't forget to buy the little billet bracket that you need to mount it on the windshield, and make sure you have 2 longer (3/4" maybe?), fine-thread bolts to bolt it to the windshield frame. The bolts holding the windshield to the frame are too short to go all the way through the bracket and into the frame for a secure fit. I got lucky and had some in my spare parts bin.

Hi Diego - I probably won't make the homecoming, but will try another year. Lots going on this year, and want to make sure the car's humming before making such a long trip. Check out Jim Harding's post above, looks like he's gotten them to work (and nicely I might add!)

Jim - Love the undercar exhaust....very, very cool!

Hi Bob- Yup, that's an airgap, and it fits fine (keep in mind I'm bolted to a 302 block, not a 351 block, so yours will be a little bit taller. Someone here, clubcobra, or ffcobra forum will know exactly how much taller a 351 block is at the manifold flange than a 302, I'd be surprised if it were much more than an inch. Edelbrock tech should know for sure. You can do a lot with air filter height if you need to...the filter element in the photos is brand new, 'cause the one I had didn't clear by about 3/4" If I wanted to, I could probably sneak another 1/2" worth of air filter in there, but it's just not worth the effort, I won't be running it at a high enough RPM range for it to make a difference.

Re: the wheels, AR doesn't provide a ton of backspacing options for the Torq Thrust until you do custom offset, the "stock" offsets just happen to work ok on this setup. FYI, the suspension is pin drive width, just in case I decide to go pin drive in the future.

I think I'm going to lizard skin the interior just to provide a consistent base, and I need to shoot another couple of coats of VHT on the exhaust. They're just....never.....done :^).

All the best,
    Chris