Thread: 2899521 is legal in TX today

2899521 is legal in TX today

Paid my tax, got my tags, I'm legal in TX today :^). Lots of work left to do, but once I get an alignment I'll be in "cruising and working" mode, rather than just "working" mode. I started the process on Friday (insurance) got my inspection done on Saturday, and I'm legal today. Man, I love Texas. The registration process for my 427 took 2 1/2 months in NJ.

Unique makes one heck of a product. While I have a lot left to do on the car before it's "done" I went from deluxe pallet to mechanically complete, drivable and legal in just about 4 months working a couple of nights a week, an average of 4-5 hours per weekend. That includes building my own engine, doing my own wiring and gauges, and several fits and starts due to my own errors in mis-ordering parts.

Alan- Thanks much for your help, and thanks in advance for the help I'll undoubtedly need in the future ;^). Unique motorcars has a lot to be proud of.

All the best,
    Chris
    Big engines in little cars.

289 FIA, 347, Tremec 3550, Edelbrock performer RPM heads, air gap intake, hydraulic roller 227 intake 234 exhaust at .050. Ford Guardsman Blue paint.

CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS

Looks like you'll be asap!

Terry
    Terry
    Viking Blue 289 Competition Model
    Southern Automotive 351W
    Tremec TKO 600 5 speed
    3:42 Limited Slip
    3-piece Compomotive 17" Pin Drives

I'm glad to hear everything has gone well for you, especially the registration process. How did they title it, what year and so on?

Alan

Hi Alan - they titled me as a '64 Shelby. I had to go to a couple of different places before I found one that knew how to register what I was bringing to them, but it ended up working out!

c

289 FIA, 347, Tremec 3550, Edelbrock performer RPM heads, air gap intake, hydraulic roller 227 intake 234 exhaust at .050. Ford Guardsman Blue paint.

I hope Shelby doesn't find out, he will want a royalty check.

Alan

Lol :^)....

Chris,

Be glad you don't live in Harris County (Houston) as I had a devil of a time getting my FFR registered here. The DOT & DPS offices I visited (3 in all) said that if they caught anyone trying to register their cars as a "1964/1965/1966" Cobra they would pull their title and confiscate their cars!
    Nice people...NOT!

I had to register my FFR as a "2004 Assembled Vehicle" but they did put on the title as a "1965 Cobra Replica". They wanted their tax $$$$ and got them.

However, I was able to get it inspected as a 1965 and didn't have to worry with emissions testing. At least I got that!

Hope to see you in Austin!
    Terry
    Southern Automotive 351W
    Tremec TKO 600 5 speed

That's interesting...I just walked into the place, she looked at my MSO, asked what make it was, registered me, and gave me tags. She did charge me tax on the value of the car, which was fine with me.....

Chris,

Maybe you can tell me where you went and I'll go to the same office when I'm up for the March event and see if I can get mine registered there too!
    Terry
    Southern Automotive 351W
    Tremec TKO 600 5 speed

Thumbs up

Good Deal!

In New York it's not that fast of a process!!!

It took about (2) months from start to finish with the DMV, sent paperwork to (2) different divisions, had to trailer car to physical and theft division (DMV police looking for stolen parts and safety issues) where they issue a new Vin# if the car passed. Mine did with flying colors!!! Not so bad if you follow all the rules.
    Mine is registered as a 2006 Custom.
    Jeff

Unique 427 S/C #4279451
    Survival Motorsports FE482
    4 Speed Toploader (Nascar close ratio)