Thread: 2899521 is legal in TX today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2899521 is legal in TX today

Paid my tax, got my tags, I'm legal in TX today :^). Lots of work left to do, but once I get an alignment I'll be in "cruising and working" mode, rather than just "working" mode. I started the process on Friday (insurance) got my inspection done on Saturday, and I'm legal today. Man, I love Texas. The registration process for my 427 took 2 1/2 months in NJ.

Unique makes one heck of a product. While I have a lot left to do on the car before it's "done" I went from deluxe pallet to mechanically complete, drivable and legal in just about 4 months working a couple of nights a week, an average of 4-5 hours per weekend. That includes building my own engine, doing my own wiring and gauges, and several fits and starts due to my own errors in mis-ordering parts.

Alan- Thanks much for your help, and thanks in advance for the help I'll undoubtedly need in the future ;^). Unique motorcars has a lot to be proud of.

All the best,
    Chris
    Big engines in little cars.

289 FIA, 347, Tremec 3550, Edelbrock performer RPM heads, air gap intake, hydraulic roller 227 intake 234 exhaust at .050. Ford Guardsman Blue paint.

CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS

Looks like you'll be asap!

Terry
    Terry
    Viking Blue 289 Competition Model
    Southern Automotive 351W
    Tremec TKO 600 5 speed
    3:42 Limited Slip
    3-piece Compomotive 17" Pin Drives

I'm glad to hear everything has gone well for you, especially the registration process. How did they title it, what year and so on?

Alan

Hi Alan - they titled me as a '64 Shelby. I had to go to a couple of different places before I found one that knew how to register what I was bringing to them, but it ended up working out!

c

289 FIA, 347, Tremec 3550, Edelbrock performer RPM heads, air gap intake, hydraulic roller 227 intake 234 exhaust at .050. Ford Guardsman Blue paint.

I hope Shelby doesn't find out, he will want a royalty check.

Alan

Lol :^)....