Thread: Sidewinder fans

Cool Sidewinder fans

I'm looking for a low profile fan that will pull more cfm than the Spal 400 and my search led me to the Fan Man's web site. He has a spiral-blade fan called the Sidewinder that he claims pulls 2200 cfm and is only 1 7/8" thick. This is accomplished by setting the motor out at the edge of the fan with some sort of drive mechanism turning the blades. It is listed as a kit but at $420 and no mention of what's in the kit I'm a little sceptical. Has anyone on the forum had any experience with the Sidewinder? Thanks.
    Bill Stradtner, Portsmouth, VA
    427 S/C #9442
    427W Dart "Replica" Ford Engine

$420? For that price it would have to do more than suck air through a radiator b4 I would lay out that kind of $$$
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Look at the Derale 17" 2400 CFM fan. It is 2.61" thick and moves a massive amount of air. I have one on my Falcon which is really tight on space.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

I just trashed my front sway bar and built a nice new shroud and put the 2300 CFM Spal fan on my car. I will deal with a new front sway bar later.

It should work and without mods to the car go for it.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Brent has a fan link on this site where he bent his sway bar to fit around his fan. Real nice work. If he see this maybe he can tell where the pics are.
    Bob

Look through this folder. They may be there. These are from before we changed to the new forum software.

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/Brent/
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator