Thread: Budweiser Car Show Today

Budweiser Car Show Today

Well since I couldn't make Home Coming I had to do something with the car today...so I took it out to the annual Budweiser Car Show at their Brewery this morning. There were 4 Cobras and 10 other cars in our class today. After sitting through what seemed like an eternity...they announced that I had won 1st in Class

I was really surprised as I was up against several nice Corvettes, two sharp Backdrafts and a Superformance (that was really nice with a lot of chrome under the hood and wheels). I guess the judges liked my solid Viking Blue paint as when I picked up the trophy...the presenter told me it was his favorite car of the show!

I still would have rather been at Home Coming but at least something positive came out of today.

Regards,
    Terry
    Viking Blue 289 Competition Model
    Southern Automotive 351W
    Tremec TKO 600 5 speed
    3:42 Limited Slip
    3-piece Compomotive 17" Pin Drives

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Way to go, Terry!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Great Job Terry! First show first place.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Paul & Tony,

Thanks guys!

I guess I need to retire it from "trophy competition" while I still have a perfect record!

Sure would have liked to been at Home Coming though!
    Terry
    Southern Automotive 351W
    Tremec TKO 600 5 speed

Terry,

Congratulations. It's always a good feeling to have your work appreciated and recognized. I've been in few a competitions with my car, and depending on the class, there are the usual rollers (BDR, Superformance) that are stamped out and covered with chrome, but I have found that a good judge will look past all the bolt on glitz and look at the cars authenticity. That's where Unique shines

My crystal ball says "It's not time to retire from trophy competition".
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Hey Phil,

Thanks for the nice comments!

I know what you mean about some of the judges liking all the "stamped out & chromed look"! These judges were from a local Rod & Custom Club that really liked the "shinny stuff"!

The car that beat me out for the Yellow Cab Best of Show was a Superformance that was all "glitz & glitter"! The owner had just bought the car 3 months ago from a guy in Dallas that had it built by a Superformance dealer!

There were several other custom cars that could have or should have won that Best of Show Trophy. They were really trick, "hand built" and just flat out BEAUTIFUL! Probably a good thing that I wasn't judging this show.

More than likely I will enter another show in the near future. I really wasn't sure what kind of reception that I would receive as my car is so "plain", but it is TRICK!

Regards,
    Terry
    Southern Automotive 351W
    Tremec TKO 600 5 speed