Thread: Back from the dead.

Back from the dead.

Due to the fine diagnostic ability of TurnPike Boy (aka Roger) Aggressor lives. When I moved the remote oil filter to the grille area I also replicated the original shelby setup for the feed lines. What I didn't figure on was that the original car's oil flow direction was reverse of my setup. This resulted in no oil pressure. With short duration fireup and full synthetic oil I don't think that any real damage occured. She's starting to settle in with timing set and carbs adjusted. The car runs much quieter, cooler, and smoother than expected. Below the carb plates is a relatively steady 14-15 inches of vacuum at idle while excess blower pressure is vented above. The blowers are spinning about 4400 RPM at idle so you have boost immediately. I am taking it easy while I learn what to expect from the new additions.
    1st impressions are very good. The car moves off smartly and the additional power really starts ramping up at 2500 RPM.
    The exhaust is much deeper, louder and has a bit of a staccato sting.

Thanks to everyone for your help.
    Email me for video images of the car or engine running: sarno@paonline.com

-Geary

Thumbs up

Geary,

Great to hear the Good News!!!!

That was one area that bothered me about getting the correct hose routing,
    I think I checked three times before start up!

The power must be Fantastic!!!!!
    Jeff

Unique 427 S/C #4279451
    Survival Motorsports FE482
    4 Speed Toploader (Nascar close ratio)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressor View Post
    With short duration fireup and full synthetic oil I don't think that any real damage occured.
    geary, you would probably be surprised how long an engine can run with no oil pressure or no oil, as long as theres no load on the engine, and suffer no damage. its quite a while. i know from personal experience. im sure youre fine. later, brian.

That's great to hear.

-Geary

Quote Originally Posted by brfutbrian View Post
    geary, you would probably be surprised how long an engine can run with no oil pressure or no oil, as long as theres no load on the engine, and suffer no damage. its quite a while. i know from personal experience. im sure youre fine. later, brian.
    Had one of those experiences myself. with my current engine when it was in the Mustang. Did'nt realize I had no oil pressure until the rocker arms started squeeking.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Thumbs up Stress relieved

You're not the only one to pucker because of remote filter hookups, Mr. G

When I was about 11 or 12, a buddy inherited a '59 Chevy Impala with a straight 6 in it. Worthless to us since it didn't have a v-8, we decided to blow it up by draining all the oil out of it and revving the blazes out of it (didn't have licenses, so no driving it to death). I swear it took a good 10 minutes of 5000 rpm to finally weld it together.

Long-winded way of saying you're in good shape.

-Roger
    Yeehah