Thread: New Grandson

New Grandson

I have a new grandson. He was born Sunday night weighing in at 7lbs 15 oz. Now I have two grandsons to help with the car.

CONGRATULATIONS! You might want to add a rumble seat to your cobra, which would really make it a Unique Cobra.

Gary (Beast)

Lucky rascal

congrats., and we are loking for our first grand---girl--tail end of this month or the first of next.Hope mom and baby are all doing well. Will-alabama

Congrats Diego, I have one that recently turned 2 years old. He is one of my excuses for not having the car done yet.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Diegokid

new grandpaw here--girl--8lbs. 2oz,s----arrived about 4 to 4:30 pm monday, brand new, c-section--mom and baby girl doing well when I left hospital around 9pm last.Zach, trying to burp new baby--doing alright for starter. Will-alabama

Must be something in the water.

Congratulations to both of you.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Our first grandchild, too!

Sandy and I just got the call this morning. Our oldest son and his wife have a baby girl. 7 lbs 6 oz. All are healthy and that's all I ever asked for. I've all ready threatened to start her out on some Craftsman wrenches. Mostly boys in our family, and not to interested in cars. I'll try again, this time earlier.

John deere

shirt for tyke presented first, last night.Congrats, friend--good health is the only word.Can hardly wait to get-off-work time-will take mom flowers and baby girl flowers-pink bow.Will-alabama

Suprise

First congradulations to yawl also. I have two grandsons but the suprise came when we brought the Cobra home. We have a 16 month old grandaughter to. When she saw the car in the shop she climbed in stood on the seat, grabbed the wheel and started turning it back and forth. I would have sworn she was making vroom vroom sounds but my wife told me I was wrong
    I will spoil her anyway, just for fun.

Talking

Congratulations you both, Will and Diego. We have 7 little buggers and love'um dearly! Diego tell your wife that from our experience they do Vroom Vroom! We have a couple of young teens vying for Poppie's car! They love to work with me on projects, like the car, and these two are girls! If I can keep them focused and close to us during those teen years we will feel blessed.

We always seem to do better with the grandbabies than thier parents... We remember the kids behaviors as they grew up and this is sweet revenge, we spoil'em (as we should) and send them home!!

Best to you both

Ralph

Hey Ralph

thanks---buddy has grandson all at a car show, grandson pitched a fit to be in drivers seat pretending he was driving--after a while got out and started running onlookers away from grandpaw,s car.Got me a grandgirl,Ralph, gonna show her off at the forge this fall.Will-alabama

Congratulations Will, glad to hear baby, mom, dad and Grandpa are doing well.

Gary

Thumbs up At the Forge

Hope to see you there Will!

Ralph

Smile

Will, Zack, Diego, Dave,

Congrats to all. Any names to go with the grandkids?

I had my 7 grandkids here this weekend on the Gulf of Mexico beach. I felt like that silver backed Gorilla where all the little ones are climbing all over you. Great feeling to love and be loved so much.
    Jer

names

Dakota Wayne Lockley, the oldest, fears nothing. He makes these Blue Heelers do whatever he wants.

Erica Merrill Lockley, the middle one. The grandaughter that likes the car.

Jason Lynn Lockley. The newest addition. He can't walk talk or wipe his own butt yet so we have a long way to go with him.

I will spoil them all, revenge is sweet.

Jer

you have 7 grand children? Wow,I bet you did have a great time with them where you live. Ya,ll Jerry, has the gulf, lake inland, adjoining his house, has a wall to hold waves back. And you know he did have a great time with those 7. Passing out sugar and sweet-talk.Can,t beat it. Do they like the gt-40 or the cobra best?Will-alabama

Will,

Yes, we had a geat time. It was a little too great for me however as I ended up with a sun burn chasing one then the other all day. Luckily, nothing severe, just enough to feel a little discomfort and remind me not to stay out too long in the sun without putting a lot of sunblock on. The grandkids seem to like both cars the same. They get huge smiles on their faces or that look of terror when granddad takes them for a spin. Just kidding about the terror part, grandad drives very cautiously when the grandkids are riding. They are 2-13 years old, half boys and half girls, so their perceptions of fun are different for each.

Have you taken your granddaughter out for a spin in your cars yet? Its never too early.
    Jer

Not yet Jer

went to show saturday late--so hot--Joan almost got sick on me, but we made it. I worked on farm sat. morning, running big john deere spraying ditches, fences--got hot, just drained me by lunch. Parked everything.Held grand baby for five minutes yesterday at lunch, man. she,s nice. Will-alabama

As far as Grandsons and Cobras go mine likes to check out Papa's "fast car" everytime he comes over.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Great photo Rod... reminds us what really makes life special!

Congrats to all!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear