Thread: Part 11 – Harrison Tank mount

Part 11 – Harrison Tank mount

It seems that everyone has a little different way of mounting the Harrison Tanks. This is my version.
    Starting with a piece of 1” square tube I angled the ends to fit on top of and between the shock towers. A little tricky trying to get the 1” tube level because of the angled shock towers but with a little persistence and grinding I finally had the look I wanted. I then drilled the ends for 3/8” bolts and drilled and tapped the shock towers.

To beef up the bolt location I welded a nut in place with the help of the mounting bolt to line it up.

I made a template of the shape I wanted and transferred it to both sides of a piece of 2x4 tubing that I cut out …

Then welded to the center of the 1” tube. I also added some plating on the ends and drilled and tapped holes for the tank clamps.

This is how it looks in place with rubber (split fuel line) cushions for the tank.

And with the tank installed.

To be continued…
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

I like it. A very solid mount that looks good.

-Geary

Thumbs up Nice!

I like the rubber cushions. Rod, on mine I also lined the inside of the little sheetmetal straps with 1/8" thick foam rubber weatherstripping to guard against rattles, squeaks, and wear from rubbing against the tank. Once you cinch the straps down tight, the gray weatherstripping will almost disappear from view.

I like that polished tank, too. I don't think I've ever seen a polished Harrison tank.
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Quote Originally Posted by JeepSnake View Post
    I like the rubber cushions. Rod, on mine I also lined the inside of the little sheetmetal straps with 1/8" thick foam rubber weatherstripping to guard against rattles, squeaks, and wear from rubbing against the tank. Once you cinch the straps down tight, the gray weatherstripping will almost disappear from view.

I like that polished tank, too. I don't think I've ever seen a polished Harrison tank.
    Zach, on the straps I used an adhesive backed rubber material that is meant to be used as a non slip tread for stairs.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"