Thread: Air Compressors

Air Compressors

Hey Guys,
    I'm in the market to buy a new air compressor in the price range up to
    2,300 and was hoping that I could get some ideas from you first before ordering.
    So far I believe I have narrowed it down to 2 and both are reciprocating. The first one is a Quincy 7.5 HP 80 GAL TK 230 volt 1 phase 22.4 cfm
    The other is a Ingersoll Rand same as above but a 200 volt 3 phase
    Do any of you have other suggestions to what I should consider?
    Thanks in advance.

Charlie

The one I use has a max psi of 125 with a CFM of 7.5 to 8 I spec'ed it based upon the max psi and CFM requirements of the tools I planned to use. It is a Quincy I think I paid less than 300. Since I am not at home I can't give you the model.

Ralph

Air Comp.

Look at Champion. They have a compressor for every application and they have been around longer than most other brands. One of my brothers compressors was made in the 50's and still in use today. It does jobs with chopper guns to sand blasters. My other brother uses one in his paint and body shop, he bought it 15 years ago, no problems to date.

If you are using this compressor at your house you can't use a three phase motor.
    Single phase only for your home.

You should be able to get a good size compressor for under $1000.00
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear