Tony, the front bar actually is very easy to get out of the car; once the bushings/clamps are unbolted, you have only to pull one bolt out of the Heim links at each end of the bar and then thread the bar out of the front end. Not hard to do....you will do some twisting and turning, but it is easier to do than describe.

As to inserts in the rear frame crossmember, well....Rick, I'm only one car ahead of yours (#9404) but there were no threaded inserts in mine, and I got the car in 2003. Then again, the car was bought without the rear swaybar, so maybe that's why. Nevertheless, it was a very, very simple matter to mark and drill two holes at each bushing location and use 3/8" self-tapping hex-head screws to mount the bushings and brackets. Yes, low-tech, but have proven more than adequate.

As to fan clearances, well...I haven't found a need yet for a puller fan - but. I did make 3/4" thick spacer blocks to lower the bigger bar at the front mounts, as the Addco bar didn't have the offset bend at the ends to provide for front framerail clearance (basically, it was bent such that it lays flat, one end to the other, on the floor - the standard-equipped 3/4" bar has a dogleg bent into the ends that props the ends of the bar up off the floor). I don't know if this would put the bar low enough to clear the fan motor, but likely would help some.