Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rear anti-sway bar

Splitting Hairs (again)

Just an FYI on MGB sway bars, although they are often finished they are generally not powder coated. There are rubber bushings in the end-links that would not survive well in the oven. The bars I have seen (including the ones we bought, one from Unique and one aftermarket) were both basic black rattle can finish. We sanded them down and hit them with POR 15 which is both attractive and ridiculously flexible.
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Quote Originally Posted by eliminator View Post
    HINT:
    Sway Bar Mount Amazing what can be found!!
    Fantastic...thanks!
    Let me add, the underside of your car looks unreal. Very, Very NICE
    Last edited by davids2toys; November 21st, 2008 at 09:34 PM.
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by davebetts View Post
    Yes, the kit from Unique Motorcars did include the bar (powder coated black - to boot). The bar size is 5/8", just as my front sway bar. TIP: take a 5/8" open end wrench and push it over the front bar to check. Just an easy/quick way to measure a diameter. I also have a Spal puller fan behind the radiator and it just fits without hitting the front sway bar.
    Thanks a lot
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by nolastyankee View Post
    Just an FYI on MGB sway bars, although they are often finished they are generally not powder coated. There are rubber bushings in the end-links that would not survive well in the oven. The bars I have seen (including the ones we bought, one from Unique and one aftermarket) were both basic black rattle can finish. We sanded them down and hit them with POR 15 which is both attractive and ridiculously flexible.
    I will remember this tip if mine come non powder coated.
    Dave