Thread: Jag rear brake upgrades

Jag rear brake upgrades

Does anyone use some sort of upgrade kit on the stock Jag rear inboard brake system? I know the original Jag system uses solid rotors and Jag stock calipers. Has anyone switched to vented rotors, aftermarket calipers, the CWI rear facing caliper conversion, anything? What does Unique supply with the kit as far as rear braking system? I'd love to hear about costs and effectiveness of any of these upgrades. Thanks.

41 views, no opinions? Maybe if I say please?

767, the rear brakes are stock jag components. dont think anybody here is using anything other than the jag system that came on the car. (with the exception of pad compound). i think that theres plenty of rear braking. i dont think that rear facing calipers are possible on a unique, the trunk is too close to the rear end. too cold to go look and be sure. later , brian

A question might be, Why Bother?

I suppose there's always the itch to upgrade something on the car, but in the case of the rear brakes I think the only thing I'd like would be a way to move them outboard. Clearly not a likely option, so...... There isn't any pressing need to do any real mods to the brakes in the car, other than pads or general maintenance. And mostly that gets done pretty easily since there's no cage surrounding the brakes - swapping pads is a breeze.

Can't say I've ever held any mojo for vented/cut rotors, etc. - always seemed to be just another way to pull some cash from you. After all, if the system worked well on a 4000+ lb. sedan, it ought to work well on these 2400 lb. cars. That has been my experience.

Mostly just keep looking for more hosspower with my money, to give those brakes a good workout - and they've been up to the task all the way.
    Yeehah

brakes

What are some better pads for these front and rear brakes. These don't really work that well unless you get them really hot!