Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fresh Air for Foot Boxes

Great job Tony,
    I can really appreciat how nice it must be having fresh air at your feet!
    I would want it for those times in traffic though, now you have no air moving anywhere at all...did you ever install fans?
    What would you use for fans anyway?
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

Thanks David.

I haven't installed the fans yet. I don't have to sit in much traffic when I go cruising around here but it would be nice for those few times. That might be a winter project. I haven't decided yet. I have a couple of things on the list before the fans.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Tony, it is really amazing at some of the skill levels of the people on this site, really, hats off to you guys!
    Do you know which fans to use yet?
    I like your idea a lot, unfortunately it will fall probably to far down on my list this year, to many other things that HAVE to get done. I am still out of work do to an auto accident, so I am in a holding pattern on spending anything until i get back to work, soon I a hoping.
    I will have to find another air source though. I am planning a ram air/air box system for over the winter and I will be using those ducts.
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

A friend of mine used bilge blowers up in the wheel wells. They make a nice small one that looks like it works well. same size as the pipe.
    Computer cooling fans that are in a nice housing to add onto a computer is an ideal I have. Mount it in the foot boxes over the openings. I haven't decided yet although I do have one of these fans already.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

What do you think of these?http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=BLOW
    What is the dia that you need?
    Dave

Thanks for the link. Those will work. The duct is 3" in diameter.
    Tony

Your welcome,
    Pegasus is a great company to to buisiness with and they have lots of stuff for our Cobras. Thy just sent me a 10.00 credit because the shipping was actually less than I had paid. I would have never known. I wrote them a very nice letter of appreciation. I highly recommend them.

Is the hole in your footwells and the piece from Spectre also 3 inches?
    Dave
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davids2toys View Post
    Your welcome,

Is the hole in your footwells and the piece from Spectre also 3 inches?
    Dave
    Yes.

And it is good to know Pegasus is a great company to work with.
    Tony

Thanks, I will have to see what I have in my holesaw colection. I am going to need a 4 inch for the ram air anyway, I am pretty sure I don't have one of those.
    Dave

Check out this complete fresh air foot box system for under 200.00!
    http://www.cobraearl.com/products/
    Dave