Thread: Side Pipe Balance

Side Pipe Balance

Recently the passenger sidepipe on my car has become louder than the drivers sidepipe.
    This is noticable at low speed/idle and blends out at higher speed. Because of my unusual engine setup, I though it was just a side to side balance problem that I could tune-out but no sucess to-date. With top-up side curtain-in driving these days the difference very noticable. My pipes have 14000 miles on them and they have entertained several severe backfires over the years. I am not familiar with the internal structure of the pipes and I am considering that they may have taken on internal damage or corrosion.

-Geary
    Last edited by Aggressor; February 3rd, 2009 at 12:08 PM.

Check around your exhaust header gasket. Mine got real loud once and found the rear portion of the paper gasket had blown out. Replaced with a Holly aluminum double layer square cut holes. You can run your hand around to feel any exhaust. Second is to listen to your lifters on each side. I've noticed that if my solid lifters get out of adjustment, they can increase the exhaust noise. Also might check support brackets to make sure not cracked.
    Bob