Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ordered deluxe kit 7/08. southern Indiana

ordered deluxe kit 7/08. southern Indiana

just ordered deluxe kit last month for the 427. twenty year freindship with "Brent" I think you all know Brent from Indiana, great guy! Brent was a big inspiration in my passion for drag racing and my building of this cobra. I think Brents Cobra probably inspired everyone who ever seen it. one of the nicest around! I just sold my 7 second 64 corvette and a 67 nova driver (283, four speed) Time to build the ultimate street car. Unique seems to be as good as they come. I hope you don't mind my many questions during this build. everyone seems to be more than willing to help a fellow cobra owner. I hope I can contribute back some how. should take delivery in December. leaning towards a 408 or 427ci stroker and top loader,but welcome any input I can get from all of you. Eddie
    Last edited by robbinsshkr; August 9th, 2008 at 07:11 PM.

Congratulations and welcome to the madness. Brent has been an inspiration to us all.... so you're not alone.

We'll look forward to your hearing/reading about your progress.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Good Choice! The build will be easy with the deluxe Pallet kit.

I say with your racing background get a 427W and a TKO600 with a .82 OD and a 3.25 gear.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Quote Originally Posted by Naumoff View Post
    Good Choice! The build will be easy with the deluxe Pallet kit.

I say with your racing background get a 427W and a TKO600 with a .82 OD and a 3.25 gear.
    I just so happen to have one of those for sale.
    Steve

one of those what for sale, the 427w, the tko 600 or the 3.25 gear?
    thanks Eddie

The entire car, complete as you plan to build in all liklihood, only mine would have cost a hell of a lot less and saved you the build time. Can you tell I'm very frustrated?
    Steve

yea i can,but why? i take it your having problems with the car. are they bad enough that you would actually sell it, or just talking out of frustraition. cheaper would have no doubt been nice, but i relly am looking forward to the build. if these cars require constant attention, they'll be right up my alley. i've got to constantly be doing something after work to keep me occupied as i have severe insomnia. i honestly only sleep about an hour a night total,15 or so minutes at a time. what in perticular are you frustrated with?

I think what Gasman is saying about his car is that it is a soft market out there for alot of things including Cobra's. His car is well sorted out and is very nice. If I had the coin I would buy it. One for the street and one for the track.
    Scott
    SA 428
    3:54

Frustrated only that he hasn't sold it. And I can honestly understand that, since the car is awful nice and priced reasonably. Sometimes I wish I was starting the hunt for a car, and could have found one like Steve's.

If you're sleeping only an hour or so, guess you'll be done with the build in about a week or so, right? Actually, you will find it far more quick and easy than you probably have imagined. And - in regard to reliability - well, you'll be finding things to do to the car not because it needs it, but rather because you just gotta find SOMEthing to do to it! The car just invites playing, so don't worry about keeping busy. Roughly 18K miles with mine and I'm still thinking of stuff to mess with.

It probably won't be as much of a rush as a 7 second Corvette, but it has its' own way of squirting adrenaline into your system. Best of luck with all - hardest part will be deciding color and paint.
    Yeehah

Hey Guys, Thanks for the nice comments about my car. It is well sorted out and a very nice car.

If someone wants to build a nice car, I will disassemble it and ship it to you in boxes.
    Steve

Question

Hey Steve you would not believe the gasoline prices in Knoxville 4.69 per gallon for regular unleaded. It was noted that the price wave extended up to Atlanta. I find it hard to believe it is anything other than people panic as there is a pretty good inventory in place. Got a take on this?

Ralph

Thumbs down Wow!!!

The point is this:
    Last edited by Brent; September 14th, 2008 at 08:11 AM.
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    The point is this:
    He said he ordered a deluxe pallet kit and a Super FE from S.A. AND IS SET TO PICK IT UP IN THE NEXT 60 DAYS.
    And, he said he's really looking forward to the build.

Points being: #1, he's already committed to the purchase from both, likely with the $$ paid out and secured;, and #2, he wants to build, not buy.

No harm, no foul. Easy, Brent, easy. Can't think anybody who want to sell one right now could be very happy....even thems that rake in the luxurious 1% per gallon

-Roger
    Yeehah

First of all, Eddie, welcome to the forum. I think that I am safe in saying that everyone here is willing if not eager to help a fellow owner with any kind of build question. Some of us thrive on this stuff; so don’t hesitate to ask away. Also please post all the pictures you can along the way so we can watch the progress. Now as for the negative posts that are part of this thread I want to say to Eddie that this is by no means the normal kind of discussion that goes on here. And even though Brent’s post is pretty tame it is the first time I have seen any member dump on another one for any reason. I’m not sure if Gasman’s post was done with the hope that he had found a potential buyer for his car or not but it does seem that way and in my book any attempt to queer an already done deal is just bad business no matter what you are selling. For now I’m going to side with Brent on this one and hope that we haven’t given you the wrong impression of the kind of people we have here.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Lightbulb Wow....

There must be something I've missed here, or in some preceding posts.

I would have sworn that Gasman posted an expression of frustration - he DID SAY he was frustrated - but somehow I missed an offer of sale. If it WAS an offer, well....I certainly didn't see it. My apologies for being so blind.

I did read, however, that Eddie is definitely eager for the build, and that he did place the order with the Weavers. Based solely on what he sold off to get into the Cobra, it is my perception that he will be doing the build himself, and not interested in buying a turnkey. I did also read that he was interested in parts, thinking that maybe Steve had something he could use. After re-reading Eddie's first and subsequent posts, I don't see anything in there about buying from SA. And Brent, since you guys are friends, you clearly have better insight into what Ed's needs and intents are. I suppose that's what gives rise to your clearly directed post at Gasman.

Ed - truly do hope you don't get put off by all this momentary agitation. You're gonna love doing this car, and will forever be finding reasons to spend $$ on it, in a whole lot of different ways. Driving it will be the pleasure you've been looking for, and lasts a whole lot longer than 7 seconds at a clip. The Weavers are, by far, the most competent, available, knowledgeable, and honest business people I've had the honor of being associated with ever. Finally, you can be certain that people who frequent this website will rarely exhibit an ulterior motive - they are far more direct, much more along the lines of posts above.

-Roger
    Yeehah

You didn't miss anything Roger, Brent is reading words into my post that simply are not there.
    Steve

Thumbs up Thank you, Steve...

That's just what I thought. I sure didn't see anything below the belt there....didn't get how this touched some nerves.

Anyway. Thank you kindly for your clarification. And when I find a body who just has to have a world-class turnkey, he'll be knockin on your door!

-Roger
    Yeehah

Where do i start? It seems as if i opened up a can of worms somehow. I will atempt to clear all of this up as it seems i am the one that some how instigated it by posting what i thought was an innocent reply to Gasmans statement "i just happen to have one of those for sale" the previous post mentioned a trans, engine and a gear to which i thought was "one of those" for sale items gas man was referring to. it was in gasmans reply that i learned for the first time his car was for sale and that he was frustrated, but i had no clue as to why. i assumed the frustration was due to build problems or reliability issues of some kind, as these post are full of "frustrations" due to clutch issues, toggle switches, head lights,etc. i was clueless it had anything to do with the inability to sell his car. i guess in the future i should research someones entire post before asking the question "one of those what for sale?", but that being said, i had stated in my previous post that i had ordered my DPK, i beleive posted back in august. i had again made this a known fact, as well as my commitment for a super FE through S/A in a post dated sept, 11. As far as Brent's comment...Whenever possible, Brent has always looked out for my best interest. I am also well aware of how he feels about the Weavers. he told me of their honesty and of their having everyones best interest in mind and that it wasn't just about selling a car to someone. I think this is what prompted Brent to comment about taking a sell away from the Weavers or S/A. Perhaps he was returning the favor, and looking out for the best interest of the Weavers as they have for for us all. Gasman, i have no doubt that your car is nice and i'm sure it we be a great buy for someone.
    I appreciate your offer to sell me your turnkey ride, but it is the build i'm after as much as anything. I have two sons, 12 & 14 that would no doubt love to get in a car and go, but i feel they will get so much more out of being part of the build with their dad. We all pretty much know a car or just about anything for that matter can be purchased cheaper than it can be built for, but none of us build these cars with the intentions of selling them for a profit, especially if you count your time as a monetary value.
    I hope Brent still feels as if he's welcome to post here and i hope all of you feel he is welcome. I am aware Brent no longer has a cobra, but brent's abilities, craftmanship, knowledge and humor has been apparent all throughout these threads / post and has no doubt been an assett to most everyone at least one time or another. oh yeah, if you don't know, Brent doesn't sugarcoat anything and he pretty much tells things as he see's them, but it has been mentioned by Brent numerous times on here.
    It's not about the cars, it's about the people. i just hope my recent presence within these post doesn't change anything between any of you.
    If it appears that it will be a problem, just say the word. There is a ton of great information in here and i could use the help as much as anyone, but if any of you feel i need to keep my comments and questions to myself, it's not a problem. I'm plenty capable of building a top notch ride on my own, even if it comes through my own trial and error.
    Eddie

Thumbs up Yeah, man!

Eddie, it will be OUR loss if you were to decide to pull the plug here. Please DON'T - every new guy or posting brings another new way of looking at things, and that's why we all keep coming here. You did nothing, repeat nothing out of order. Nuthin.

The build will be a great trip for the kids - they'll have their hands into a piece that all their friends are gonna crave (just like we do ). All good, amigo.

And - in my opinion - Brent will forever be a part of this forum, just as will Steve. They're too much a part of the overall discussions, too much a part of the ideas, too much a part of this lovely dysfunctional family to ever be sent packing. Hell, did you ever know ANY brothers who didn't occasionally take a whack at each other? It's just a fact of life....no big deal.

Glad to have you aboard, amigo. Good times ahead!
    Yeehah

Eddie, there is no doubt in my mind you will build an incredible car. With Brent as a friend, neighbor, and master craftsmen, you can’t fail. As you have heard here and experienced first hand, the Weaver’s are fantastic before and after the sale. The problem for me is these things are not easy to sell when the time comes. Let’s face it, with gasoline costing what it does; high performance cars that get poor gas mileage and are dangerous to operate aren’t high on the list for anyone looking for fun transportation. So with that said, yes I’m frustrated that no one is looking for a turn key. Let me assure you that circumventing anyone’s sale of a new car or motor was never on my mind any more than it was Brent’s when he sold his car and prevented someone from ordering a turn key from the Weaver’s. I truly hope you enjoy the build and ownership experience and wish that I had said nothing at all. All I wanted to say was, my car is still for sale and can be acquired for less than the collective total of parts. There was never any devious plan to undercut anyone. Please forgive me for adding disparity to your build thread if it was percieved that way. Good luck.
    Steve