Thread: Pigeon Forge

Pigeon Forge

The Mike and Tom Show will be traveling in the Connecticut Cobras. See you Cobra fans at the Pigeon Forge show. We will continue to Unique after the show to brush the dust off Tom's 36. So, can we have our raffle tickets now JAN TUCKER!!
    MIKE DEL

Your Warranty Voided Here...If you can't open it, it's not yours.

289 USRRC, 357 Magnum Windsor

Will you guys be up for the breakfast run after driving 900+ miles? See you in a few weeks.

Alan

Great, glad you can make it. Hopefully the weather will be a little cooler than last year.
    Dennis M. Swann

Alan,
    As long as it includes breakfast, I'm in. Usually when we stop at Pigeon Forge (on the way down and back from Homecoming) there are no events and the place is pretty much a ghost town. I guess it will be pretty crowded for the show. I want to try out that multi-story go kart track.
    MIKE DEL

Alan ,
    What time is the breakfast run ?
    Rick Findley
    Rick Findley

Quote Originally Posted by traveler View Post
    What time is the breakfast run ?
    O-dark-thirty.

Rick, I think we typically leave from the Norma-Dan at 7:00 AM local (Eastern) time, 6:00 AM Alabama time.

Dang, thinking about the breakfast runs just flung a craving for pancakes on me...
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Hey Rick,
    It starts at 6:00AM in Somers, CT on Sept 2. Are you in? I'll even buy you breakfast if you show up.
    MIKE DEL

Hi Zach , A big old pile of pancakes sounds good to me right now to . Unfortunately , no one where I am right now knows what pancakes are .

When I had breakfast at the hotel this morning I had a choice of grilled fish , Squid , poached egg with wilted spinach on toast , Dim sum , congee with Chicken and Prawn ,seaweed with noodle , muscles , steamed rice etc.

Mike , I would love to take you up on breakfast on the 2nd . Problem is I will be starting my trip home from Jakarta , Indonesia and facing a 19 hr plane flight from Singapore to New York .

I would guess you will be starting your trip down to Pigion Forge after breakfast .

I will have only 1 day to get everything ready to head that way myself .

I have the side pipes off the car being refinished and have a few things still to finish inside the car as well . You know how it is ,can't leave things alone . Always having to change something .

My trip is only about 2 1/2 hrs to Pigion Forget so I won't have as much time as you will to have fun in the Cobra .

Hope everone has a safe trip and hope to see everyone there .

Rick Findley
    Rick Findley

breakfast run--pancakes--

coffee, lots of coffee--Will be pulling cobras up on trailer saturday so we can get to everything, check floods, lines, filters, hoses,test run on Zach,s car last night--no banging-pings, and when we turned onto county road-meeting car---going slow--dang rock flew up from passing car ,hit side of our car.Reckon stuff happens.Look to seeing everyone at the forge--Connecticut folks take care--ya,ll driving cobras? --we are . Will-alabama

Breakfast Run

The Breakfast run starts at 0700 Eastern, now to explain that:

You must be in your car with the motor running and all seat belts tight because at 0701 there is nobody left in the parking lot. Dosn't matter if your watch shows 0659........this bunch dosn't wait on anybody. So you have been warned!!!

I would advise new folks to head up the back of the pack, Will will make sure you get there safely and don't get lost. The front or middle is not for the faint of heart.

Pancakes???? I like the Country Ham, that is the big hit!! And the fried apple pies at the orchard....
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

breakfast run

Sounds like I had better be on time if I want to eat . If I bring up the rear will their be anything left by the time I get to the table ?
    Rick Findley

Yea

we will save some for you,and road trip won,t be that quick, I will watch the rear, now, some of the fellas do goose the throttle now and then, but tenn. roads get curvy, old man like me and Ralph, well we hold it down a ,little and do the rear guard action.Rick---I,ll go for that ham too, wow some good. Looks like our buddies from niceville florida, jerry cowing can,t make it. Am trying to get him to come convoy with me and Zach.Will-alabama

HI Will , I will be comming over the hill from South Carolina or I would convoy with you and Zach .

I was up there two years ago with the cobra . Had alot of fun . Expect to have the same good time this year also .

look forward to seeing everyone there if I can get home in time to make the trip . Still stuck in Jakarta , Indonesia right now .
    Rick Findley

Anyone take their laptop to Pigeon Forge that can send some pictures, etc.? Hopefully, Hurricane Hannah isn't making it rain everyday. Looks like Hurricane Ike has a bullseye painted on us.
    Jer