Thread: Wifes

Wifes

I am blessed to have a wife of the caliber I do. A few months ago I mentioned that some of the drawers on my old tool box were worn out.

This morning she had to use my truck to run an errand. While she was gone I went to a friends house and helped him awhile. When I got home she had the truck backed up to the shop.

Seems that she has been squirrelling away money here and there to take to Sams Club. She bought me a new tool box alright. The one on six casters. Took me and my brothers to unload it. I think I can put just about all my hand tools and still have room in this thing.

All she said was GET THE CAR DONE!

Your wife sound like mine . I had given up on ever having a Cobra but, She would not let my dream die . She pushed me until we went to Unique to see what they had . She said all it took for her was to see my face light up as soon as Alan showed me a car he had finished .

3 years later I have to be careful about what I say I would like to get for the car . It might show up unexpected or I hear "lets go get it now " .

She enjoys driving my our car about as much as I do . Every time I crank it she wants to know where we are going and do I drive first or does she .

Rick Findley
    Rick Findley

You have a good one there - to be sure. I am also fortunate by the fact that mine loves the 200+ mile drives.

A couple of weeks ago we drove up to Tahoe with some 2-wheeler friends for lunch (photo). And, if I've said it once I've said it a hundred times..... if I could make her scream the way she does when I open those secondaries... well... enough said

Last edited by pgermond; August 20th, 2008 at 10:32 PM.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Phil

Thanks, buddy, good pictures. Propeller hat, thought it was missing, I found it though, made me feel better.Oh, picture with blue fittings going into oil filter bracket,you might want to check the little hose under there ,with the little screw clamp, thought I saw it dripping every now and then. Take care.Will-alabama

Lol

Pgermond that comment made me laugh out loud, thanks.

Steak Houses

Have you ever heard of a Steak House in Winters CA called The Buckhorn? If not go check it out. They have great Steak, Sourdough Bread with homemade butter and the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale draft to go with it. Try the Charbroil.

My Wife

I don't have the picture electronically, but I do have it in my car build book. It is a picture of Gayle on the back porch reading a copy of Kit Car magazine I'll try to remember to bring the book to Pigeon Forge. She loves the power, the sound and the beauty of the car. BUT she won't let me build another as that was about all I did for 9 months when I was not at work. I even offered to build her her own car, it would have to be an automatic as when she drives Lil Cobra she invariably starts off in 3rd goes to 3000 rpm and shifts to 4th. I just converted to Trigo's, put on a handbrake, put in a new dry cell larger with a new battery holder, modified the radius rods mounting on the hub carrier a'la Butch Capps, changed out the gas tank, currently changing out my wilwood M/C for the clutch. After Pigeon Forge I will be putting a different carb and by the end of Sept I'll be putting on some new valve covers I designed and am having chromed. Depending on the carb's performance I may or may not change out the current cam (Performer RPM). So I guess it's like I am building another car. I guess after 8 years a few updates are in order. Gayle has been great but is getting impatient to get the car on the road...me too!!

Ralph

HI Ralph ,
    My wife and I will be driving to Pigion Forge next week in the Cobra . I am sure their will be discussions on who gets to drive and when . She likes driving the car as much as I do .

She pushed me to install a 427 when we bought the car but I went for a strong 351 . I did not do it because I know how she likes to "see what it will do " .

Even with the 351 gets scary from the passenger seat when you are the passenger . I like to open the car up from time to time also but, I can say it is more fun from behind the steering wheel .
    Rick Findley

WOW, you let your wives drive your cars, her seat is the passenger seat!
    Maybe I am too selfish but the only other person to drive my car was the painter when he brought the car to me after some touch up repairs. I won't comment on who screams for what!

P.S. my wife too was the driving force behind me getting this car. could not have done it without her support!

Hi Scott ,

It just makes things more fun when both can have a turn I guess .

Years ago I had another Hot Rod that was 'ONLY MINE ' . I just thought I enjoyed that car . Now that we have OUR car I find I do enjoy this one much more .

I guess it comes with time being spent together and growing closer over the years .
    Rick Findley

Our thirtieth

anniversary present, Joan is more aggressive about cleaning, everything in it,s place, particular.She drives now and then and slower than me;Phil---am worried about that leak --little hose I mentioned.Propeller hat, keepsake, guard it with care---we sure would like to have one like it.WIVES---we were discussing, i saw joan grab up a pine top,and a bucket of s--t, run off a bunch of teenagers one night at local carshow.Don,t know what they did, to scared to ask.Me and the children left home for a day ,too scared to come in.Will-alabama

One Good Deed Deserves Another

Sandy has always driven our Cobra. She's a little nervous in the beginning and then really gets into it. Her only issues are that the steering and the brakes are not power, although she agrees it's quite managable as Thunder gets rolling.
    Moral of the story is....... As our Cobra is in repair for shearing the Jaguar lower control arm bolts off, I went to an autocross yesterday and used her Audi A6. That's my gal!

Quote Originally Posted by diegokid View Post
    Have you ever heard of a Steak House in Winters CA called The Buckhorn? If not go check it out. They have great Steak, Sourdough Bread with homemade butter and the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale draft to go with it. Try the Charbroil.
    I have heard of it - one of my daughter's loves the place...... not sure why I haven't gone yet
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Go

You won't regret it and you won't leave hungry.