Thread: Nolastyankee Garage Sale

Nolastyankee Garage Sale

For those that are thinking this is about a car being sold please let me clarify the Cobra is NOT FOR SALE. (I take that back, everything is for sale for the right sized check, but the intent of this thread is not to try and sell the Cobra)

This is my foray into opening an overstock-Cobra-parts website...Actually I am just cleaning out the garage and getting rid of a few things that may be of use to fellow builders. Here's what I have, let me know if you're interested!

New in Box rear view mirror from Finish Line - $22.00 new, yours for $14.00 obo.

New in package license plate bracket from Finish Line, black powder coat - $18.00 new, will sell for $12.00 obo.

New in bag chrome grab bar (aka "oh shift" handle or something similar) from Finish Line, beautiful piece. $38.00 new, currently on Finish Line for $30.00, would like $20.00.

Chrome seat belt bezels from Finish Line, chrome. I have 4 and they sell new for $10.00 each. How about $6 each or I'll sell the whole group together for $25.

1 set "logo caps" for your valve stems. Chrome with Cobra snake. These will be going to Jim Harding for figuring out the "Special Pricing" on bezels mentioned immediately above. To boot, Dave Betts will save a buck too.

1 set Unique quick jacks vintage 1991. They are a little corroded, but not bad. Need refinishing and the edges could use some cleanup grinding to get rid of cut marks. Free to another Unique owner. Claimed! Going to a loving new home!

1 set Ford speedometer gears, 17-18-19 tooth. $20 new, $10 obo.

1 slimline 16" SPAL puller fan that pulls 1300 cfm, see part number below from Jaycorp. It is the same one as can be seen in the attached picture that I stole from another thread. Fan is new in the box, in fact the box has never even been opened. You'll pay $70 new, I'd like to see $55.

SKU:30100400Mfg Part #:VA18-AP10/C-41A Price:$68.90

I have another 16" SPAL puller fan that I picked up off eBay that was NASCAR surplus. It's the same cage as the slimline, but the fan motor extends another 1.5" for a total depth of 3.39". This one pulls 2400 cfm. I test ran the fan on the bench and it works fine. I'm not sure it fully got up to speed due to the excitement of holding an unmounted 2400 cfm fan but it did work. $25 obo. It looks like this NASCAR vintage SPAL fan will be going to be part of Brent's new, fine ride.

SKU:30102120Mfg Part #:VA18-AP70/LL-86A Price:$134.90

You can see details on all SPAL fans at the attached site. http://www.jaycorptech.com/showcateg...x?categoryid=2

Finally, I have a set of SB Ford motor mounts. They are cleaned up and freshly painted. The rubber is in good shape and not cracked. $25 obo.

I would suggest shipping USPS and I'll just pass along whatever the tally is. Shoot me an e-mail at nolastyankee@sbcglobal.net if you are interested in anything here.

Thank You for shopping at IForgotWhatIAlreadyBoughtandEndedUpWithTooManyPart s.com.
    Last edited by nolastyankee; September 4th, 2008 at 03:10 PM.
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Deeper Spal fan

Hey Brian,

I had this exact fan on my Cobra and loved it. Had to mod the sway bar but it was worth it. If the deeper 2400 cfm fan is in good shape I will take it. Your price is very cheap and a great deal for someone. It will be going on a brand new car and it needs to look close. I dont mind scuffing it and painting it. Don't you love "garage sales"? Everyone wants something for nothing but wants it brand new. Sorry
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

Garage Sale

I'll take the "oh ****" handle..............my wife will put it to good use. Just let me know where to send the check and how much to add for shipping unless you are going to be in Pigeon Forge this weekend.
    Dennis M. Swann

Brent,
    The 2400 CFM fan is in good shape but could stand a little paint. I don't remember but I may have already painted it thinking I would use it. Shoot me your address again on PM and I'll get the fan out to you. I'll send USPS to save on shipping costs if you are OK with that. I have a set of mounting tabs if you are interested I can let go, I think there are 2 sets - 3/4" and something around 1 3/4" as well.
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Dennis,
    Send me your address via PM and I'll get the handle on the way and let you know the shipping total. I'll use USPS priority mail so it should be about $3 for shipping.
    Brian Carlson

Seat belt bezels

Just sent you an E-mail. I'll take all 4.

Quote Originally Posted by davebetts View Post
    Just sent you an E-mail. I'll take all 4.
    Let's see, Brian said "Chrome seat belt bezels from Finish Line, chrome. I have 4 and they sell new for $10.00 each. How about $6 each or I'll sell the whole group together for $25."

Dave, make sure you buy them one at a time, you'll save a buck
    Jim Harding
    #4279512 - SA452 - TKO600
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

Nice! You win.

Jim,
    The extra dollar is for the rubber band to hold all four bezels together in the envelope.

I was wondering if anyone would catch that. I figured that someone would see that right away but it took more than a day. You win the special prize - It's those little chrome valve stem covers with the Cobra snake on them mentioned above. They would look good on your black car. Send your address and I'll get them to you - Gratis'.
    Brian Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by nolastyankee View Post
    Jim,
    The extra dollar is for the rubber band to hold all four bezels together in the envelope.

I was wondering if anyone would catch that. I figured that someone would see that right away but it took more than a day. You win the special prize - It's those little chrome valve stem covers with the Cobra snake on them mentioned above. They would look good on your black car. Send your address and I'll get them to you - Gratis'.
    You're too kind Brian. The black car has been missing three out of four stem covers since last year and I keep forgetting to replace them.
    I admit I had to re-read that post a couple times to be sure my math was right. Will send the address via private email.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Jim Harding; September 4th, 2008 at 02:24 PM.
    Jim Harding
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

Jim,
    Not to worry that the rear is in pieces all over that garage floor but now I will sleep better knowing the wheels are fully dressed out with a matching set of valve stem covers.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Quote Originally Posted by Naumoff View Post
    Jim,
    Not to worry that the rear is in pieces all over that garage floor
    You sound just like my wife One of these days though.....
    Jim Harding
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Harding View Post
    You sound just like my wife One of these days though.....
    I knew I liked your wife a lot.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear