Thread: It's not a Cobra, but........

It's not a Cobra, but........

I hope I don't offend any die hard Cobra or Ford guys on here by posting a photo of my 1964 corvette that I recently sold, but if your like me, you like cars of all makes if they are done right. Some of you mentioned driving a Cobra might not give the adrenaline rush like a 7 second race car, but I think driving a Cobra would give a constant flow of adrenaline, much better than just getting a 7 second squirt of it. I would have to say however that things can get pretty exciting when the sun goes down and dew starts to settle on the track. It'll make your butt pucker in a hurry
    I did start off with a Ford, a 64 Ford Falcon with a top loader and a 429.
    I was 15 years old and it was my first engine build. As a matter of fact Brent and I put my 429 in one of his racecars after his big motor finally let loose so he could continue leading the points. He even let me race his car in a few races. If anyone happens to get bored I did post a picture in the gallery section.
    Thanks,
    Eddie

Very nice, I love mid year Vette's.

Alan

Mmmm.....

That is a fine, fine car, Eddie. And you're right, any torque junkie would get stoked by that car - especially us Cobrafreaks. Having owned 2 C2 cars and nearly missing buying my Unique by a 65 coupe placed on my commute road the day I got the check for the DPK, keep posting the pics!

Can't tell from the pics - nitrous-dosed?
    Yeehah

Talking Funny story

Eddie,

Do you remember my wife putting on a spare pair of your jeans, using a piece of rope for a belt to hold them up, putting 10 papertowels in the top of the helmet so it would fit ,and racing the Mustang in S/P? She was scared to death and spanked Jeff Meece's ars 1st round because he thought I was in the car and he red lit?

OOHH my got my wife was in your pants!!!!!!

Way too many good stories,

By the way this is Eddie's old car.......bad ***!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAIVGiMUBqE
    Last edited by Brent; September 16th, 2008 at 03:30 PM.
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

I remember everything about those days, they were without a doubt the best of my life. You, Susan and me were pretty much joined at the hip for a long time. You won a large portion of your races because the other guys would choke when they seen your car pull up next to them in the water box. I'd get a kick out of them trying to "count cars" while in the staging lanes trying to avoid running against you. It wasn't hard for Susan to borrow a pair of my pants....... I had to leave your house in a hurry when you pulled up in the drive way unexpectidly. You think I can get them back?

TurnpikeBoy, No nitrous ever put on the car. I often thought about it, but our local track changed ownership and i think there for a while they were mixing the traction compound with 10w-30. It wasn't uncommon for both Brent's and my car to over horsepower the track. A big NOS kit would have probably got it on its top.
    Last edited by robbinsshkr; September 16th, 2008 at 09:18 PM.