Thread: Sidepipes

Sidepipes

Looking to quiet my sidepipes down , does Unique offer any kind of optional "quiet " mufflers ? The original mufflers are probably empty except for the Vortex cones I installed and while I love the noise it is getting to me on longer drives. To bad because they still look great......

None of the other pipes sound nearly as good as the Uniques! Everyone knows when I'm a comin!!

solution-earplugs

Bitten is correct... both with his observation of the sound/tone of the Unique side pipes, and the solution
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

said.

Uniques ,they are.

Unique side pipes loud huh...My sidepipes are not loud at all, they sound good though. I have looked up inside and there is definately a long baffle type insert, it has cut louvers all around and from one end to the other. Since I did not build this car, I can't be 100% sure they are the unique pipes, but I am making that assumption.
    I hear they have a lot of restriction,I am interested in making them free flowing and a little deeper and louder. I just read in a thread yesterday abbout the baffles being installed in the cpipes backwards so the louvers are going in a direction so tghe air goes over them rather than getting caught in them, that made sense to me, I am going to check mine today and see if mine were installed this way.
    I have heard many things like LOBAK racing mufflers, hollow out my sidepipes and install cones to keep the noise down.
    I am open to all ideas and suggestions...Thanks
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete W View Post
    Looking to quiet my sidepipes down , does Unique offer any kind of optional "quiet " mufflers ? The original mufflers are probably empty except for the Vortex cones I installed and while I love the noise it is getting to me on longer drives. To bad because they still look great......
    Hey Pete, are these still on your car? I would love to hook up with you and check them out, and you check out mine. I am also in CT. Who knows, maybe we can trade...lol
    Dave
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.