Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Good morning Commrades!

Change is a comin!!

I shall reevaluate my current financial position for 2009......
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Restructured last January, glad I did. Tennessee actually went more republican this presidential election than the last and same holds true for the state house where the republicans won more seats. I do have to admit that we have also cut back on our consumer spending. With good 'ole Barney Frank and Chris Dodd riding herd over Fannie and Freddie and the Banking committee we'll be just fine.

Ralph

take from the middle class and give it to the rich. If that isn't redistributing wealth what is?

Quote Originally Posted by diegokid View Post
    Good morning Commrades!
    i normally dont talk politics but, you want some cheese with that whine? what did you expect after the last 8 years? please dont get me started. later, brian

C'mon guys. Do you really think you'll be standing in line for toilet paper?

It's clear to me that the lack of regulation over our lending institutions that put us in the mess we're in. And the economy was the one thing in everyone's mind when standing in the voting booth. I am a big McCain fan and always have been but anything is better than the village idiot we've had for the last eight years. For me it has always been about fiscal responsibility. The last three Republican administrations have spent way more money that they had a right to. I don't like being in debt to the Chinese. If you want to claim to be a conservitive then really be one. If you don't have the money, don't spend it!

That said. I'll be selling off the GE, Raytheon, and Halliburton stocks.
    Last edited by pbrown; November 5th, 2008 at 11:51 AM.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

Patrick

Naw--hold on--don,t sell right now--this too shall pass.Markets are adjusting to democratic adm., --will come out of it--may be 12 or more months--I am worse off than you--trying to get everything lined up to retire Jan.1 09--this storm will pass, america will still be here.Now is the time for little folks like us to buy.Take care-good luck.Will-alabama

Will, I continue to buy as I am an advocate of Benjamin Graham, in the purchase of value stocks. Buffett worked for Graham in his youth. I plan on holding these stocks for at least 5 years. I can only imagine the difficulty you have in planning your asset allocations to meet your retirement needs. The market over the last two days is responding to the president elect's position on doubling the capital gains tax and revoking the bush taxcuts and the uncertainty around small business (Small Caps stocks) regarding other aspects of the president elect's campaign promises.

Patrick, I share your anger regarding the Community Redevelopment Act and the consequences visted upon the American public by the fools in Congress that forced banks to give out these loans and forced Freddie and Fannie to buy more of these toxic assets yet resisted calls for more regulation and oversight of Freddie and Fannie, hence my sarcastic comment about Frank and Dodd, they should be treated like Michael Milikin the junk bond king.

Ralph

you are right on target,that is exactly where all this financial mess started--every bad thing that is happening in our economy is directly traceable right back to washington.I don,t worry about moscow, tehran, i worry what washington might do.Doesn,t appear anyone up there has ever had a class in economics.Pelosi and Obama are looking straight at wall street--last big money gov. doesn,t have a big hand in. But they will. Thats mine and your retirement money they want.AAAHHHH SS-----T.get mad--will hush.Friend from alabama---will.

www.infowars.com/?p=5798

It's this kind of stuff that worries me. Is it fair to say big brother just got bigger?
    427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
    427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
    Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

Tony

that is exactly what i mean--where the real big money is.Last BIG pot uncle can grab.Will-alabama

Will I sent you a private message...

Ralph

Back in the USSA
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Well it looks like time to go back to burying the mayonnaise jars in the backyard.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Question Why worry??

IF all of the Prez-elect's plans get thru - and that's by no means a certainty- we will all be broke. And thereby able to become re-aligned into his redistribution scenario.

Might not be as much available as we thought we would have, but enough to cover the Colt 45 malt liquor.

Remains to be seen how this will play out. However, the selection of Rahm Emanual as his right-hand hatchet man is a baaad omen.

Tony, I'm partial to zip-lock baggies meself.
    Yeehah

I like PVC pipes with screw caps

Maybe I am just old fashion.

It is hard to find a good mayo jar these days.

The PVC with a screw cap,MMmmm, I have plenty of those. They won't break when you dig them up either. Thanks Ralph

Roger, Zip-loc baggies!?! I should have known to expect that from a baby block guy. Do you carry your wipes in them too?
    Last edited by Naumoff; November 9th, 2008 at 08:08 AM.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Interesting article

I've never been a big Ann Coulter fan but here is a pretty good read.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=29385

Exclamation Whattyasayin',boy???

Quote Originally Posted by Naumoff View Post
    .....Zip-loc baggies!?! I should have known to expect that from a baby block guy. Do you carry your wipes in them too?

Hhmph. Baby block, indeed....it's an adolescent block to you, sir. And, yes, I do include a fair number of Kleenexes in each bag, to blot up the tears that arise from having to dig up the mad money . They do offer a degree of security, too - don't clunk the way a mayo jar does when hit with a shovel.....and they make finding them without the X-marks-the-spot-map a whole lotta fun, too!
    Yeehah

Quote Originally Posted by TurnpikeBoy View Post
    Hhmph. Baby block, indeed....it's an adolescent block to you, sir. And, yes, I do include a fair number of Kleenexes in each bag, to blot up the tears that arise from having to dig up the mad money . They do offer a degree of security, too - don't clunk the way a mayo jar does when hit with a shovel.....and they make finding them without the X-marks-the-spot-map a whole lotta fun, too!
    Treasure maps are fun but you
    don't need an X marks the spot one anymore. Just stand over it and record the location in your GPS.
    Tony