Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello

And therein.....

........establishes the difference between the old and the new

Modern newfangled deevices...nuthin wrong with paper and pencil. Batteries don't run out with paper, you whippersnapper.
    Yeehah

Quote Originally Posted by TurnpikeBoy View Post
    ........establishes the difference between the old and the new

Modern newfangled deevices...nuthin wrong with paper and pencil. Batteries don't run out with paper, you whippersnapper.
    OK Pops. So you are making pencils and paper at home now.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Damn right. And I walked to school, uphill both ways, in four foot snowfalls 8 days a week.
    Yeehah

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TurnpikeBoy View Post
    Damn right. And I walked to school, uphill both ways, in four foot snowfalls 8 days a week.
    I remember those days... it was down here in Mississippi! Man those hills are brutal in the snow.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Outhouse

Yawl forgot to mention carrying in water to wash and using the outhouse in the winter!

Exclamation Outhouse!

Yew had an outhouse?? Lucky rich kid.....

Fightin' off dem bears for the comfy spot on the log - the spot without splinters - was our privy.

Ahhh, good ol' Mississsip.....yah, there always was light snow down there....glad I was outta school by the time I moved to Pennsy - they gets REAL snow up here! Makes it tuff to even find the log, never mind the comfy spot

......So. Whattya got to say now, Toeny the Plumber?
    Last edited by TurnpikeBoy; November 10th, 2008 at 04:54 PM.
    Yeehah

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Yah, Toeny!

Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

And that was after the first "NEW DEAL" Wait to see what your children have to live through on the next one.

Damn, how was that to bring this thread back to the subject.

Roger,
    I hope you use your left hand to wipe because I have already shook your right.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Tony, It takes a man with your wit and natural charm to steer back to topic. Good work my friend.

I viewed both candidates as 4 year place holders for perhaps (By some chance occurence) a decent candidate in 2012. Just pray that the big "O" does'nt screwup too bad or gets all of his wishes til then.

For now it's like proudly reporting back that "We've hit bottom and have begun to dig."
    AH - The mindless bliss - the absence of knowledge.

Maybe the Reverend Al Sharpton for Secretary of State.

I think my wife voted for Nader. A futile but noble gesture.

God Bless us all - We're gonna need it.

-Geary
    Last edited by Aggressor; November 11th, 2008 at 11:10 AM.

Mississippi

Actually we lived in Indiana for several years as a kid, thats where I had to carry bath water and use the outhouse. As a kid growing up though it really wasn't bad at all because thats what we had. Lived in the country and could leave the house in the morning with a shotgun stay all day in the woods with dads bluetick hound and never get bored. Summers were good too creeks everywhere, I remember losing the snake we caught in the house. We never told mom, she found him several weeks later when she cleaned under the couch. My brothers and I still laugh and rub our backsides from that episode. It was the first and last time my baby brother tried to run from mom.

Geary, you are too kind.

Al Sharpton for S of S, I'd like to see that.

diegokid,
    That sounds like my mum's childhood. She and her two brother would be out all day in the woods and fields around the village in England.
    Tony

England

Used to stay at the Smokehouse outside Mildenhall AFB quite often. Kidney pie is a little different but the Beer in front of the fireplace is fantastic. Although we both speek the same language the first time you go to England and make some friends you can entertain each other after a few beers just listening to each other talk.

They used to make great bikes too! My two favorites were an old 1958 BSA 650 and a 750 Norton Commando. The Norton and cranking was always 50/50 without work but was fun once started. I always wanted one of the Manx's.

I had a Norton 850 Interstate one of several bikes I loved. Oh yeah WD-40 was key to the sucess of my Lucas "Prince of Darkness" electrical system.

Ralph

My dad was stationed at RAF Croughton, 18 miles north of Oxford.
    My mum was the book keeper for the BOQ where she met him and the rest is history.

I love steak and kidney pie. Between my dad's Czech background and my mum's English one we had a pretty extensive menu when I was growing up.
    Tony

grounding

I'm still confused as to why someone would choose to use the positive side for grounding in the first place! Some of the magnetos those old bikes ran with could deliver a really nasty shock.

I'm sure there is some very logical reason. My first experience with it was the '53 MG-TD that my dad and I rebuilt and continued to maintain through out my high school and first couple years of college. We were living close to Chicago then and the winters were rough. The battery could not turn over the engine in the sub zero weather and provide enough spark enough to fire the car up. TD's came with a hand crank so rather than trying to use the starter when it was cold I'd use the hand crank to get it started. I remember the routine well -- ignition on, choke out, car in neutral, handbrake set, and one crank on the crank and the little 4 banger was purring along.

Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by diegokid View Post
    I'm still confused as to why someone would choose to use the positive side for grounding in the first place! Some of the magnetos those old bikes ran with could deliver a really nasty shock.
    It is a road safety issue. Keeps you from falling asleep.
    Tony