Thread: What has Happened to Georgia

Question What has Happened to Georgia

BULLET SERIALIZATION THREAT IN GEORGIA . . . Legislation that would mandate, as early as 2010, bullet serialization -- the process by which each individual round of ammunition is identified and marked with a laser-engraved serial number -- has been introduced by Sen. Ronald Ramsey, Sr. in the Georgia State Senate. NSSF has made clear that serializing ammunition on a mass production basis is not feasible from a practical standpoint and any legislation mandating such action could rightfully be considered a de facto ban on ammunition. NSSF is encouraging all sportsmen, hunters and firearms enthusiasts in Georgia to contact their state Senator and call the bill's sponsor, urging them to strongly oppose SB 12. Learn more about bullet serialization.

Ok Guy's whats going on in GA, I could see this in the good ole liberal North East but not in the South...You Sportsmen and gun owners in GA. need to start voicing your opinon on some things before you get run out of the state.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

If you are not a member of the NRA join!

Ralph

That is just ridiculous.

I think all the people displaced by California fires moved to Georgia.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown View Post
    That is just ridiculous.

I think all the people displaced by California fires moved to Georgia.
    you don't think that everyone in California thinks the same way do you?
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Quote Originally Posted by RJacobsen View Post
    you don't think that everyone in California thinks the same way do you?
    Certainly not but California seems to be the bluest of all the blue states. I expect legislation like this from California - not Georgia. Don't get me wrong. Washington state isn't far behind. Sometimes I just have to smile and nod as I walk away when I hear coworkers talking politics.

Fight the power!
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator

Alabama

Rick,

I don't know what the status is in Georgia, but the same bill was introduced in Alabama last April. Basically, it's a "form letter" bill written by one of the anti-gun groups and distributed to legislators around the country for introduction in all the states (this is from what I've read, anyway).

In Alabama, it went over like the proverbial lead balloon. I don't think that it even got as far as the procedurally-required second reading of the bill.
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

I live in Georgia and haven't heard anything about it. When our Legislature convenes next month, I'm sure budget concerns will dominate the discussion. I'd be surprised if an ammo related item would get past a committee.
    Walter

ammo

The ammo companys won't go along with this either, too costly. The old ammo logs have resurfaced again too both came up in MS last year and never made it to the floor. Interesting point was that all the idiots that brought this up were the Dumbocrats mostly from low income areas. It is a cookie cutter letter but all those who voted for change will most likely get it in some sort of fashion and it won't be the free gas for our tanks and free house payments some actually believed it would be. Buy ammo and or reloading components now if you can. I've even learned that a wheel weight is just a bullet in the rough.

I forgot to add that we saw a proposed copy of the next assualt weapons ban (a made up description by the media), it says ANY I repeat ANY semiautomatic weapon. This even includes the old Browning A5s and Rem 1100 ect. All these years they have been promising hunters their stuff was ok.

Besides the NRA you also have these folks.

http://www.jpfo.org/
    Last edited by diegokid; December 16th, 2008 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown View Post
    Certainly not but California seems to be the bluest of all the blue states. I expect legislation like this from California - not Georgia. Don't get me wrong. Washington state isn't far behind. Sometimes I just have to smile and nod as I walk away when I hear coworkers talking politics.

Fight the power!
    Frustrating.... very frustrating to have to watch what is happening to our country.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Quote Originally Posted by pgermond View Post
    Frustrating.... very frustrating to have to watch what is happening to our country.
    Yes indeed.
    Patrick Brown
    Forum Administrator