Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings! Unique fan here

Greetings! Unique fan here

I'm really enjoying what I see of the Unique car. Always have. If the year 2009 treats me reasonably well, it should be time to put a deposit on a car by the end of the year. The Unique is certainly on the short-list. At this point, I'd lean to getting the Deluxe Pallet Kit, and would give the nod to Southern Automotive to build me a 428 CJ to put in it. This will be a weekend cruiser, with the occasional track day.

Guess I'm just looking for some feedback from Unique owners and builders. Anything particular I should look for? or look out for? I think I'd like to take a trip to AL sometime in the spring to visit the Weavers' shop.

Just glad to be here, and I look forward to the learning process.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Welcome to the group. You'll find a wealth of info here if you do some searching in the archives.

There are several Unique owners in TX that can help out. If you aren't too far from them, you might benefit from a visit to get the details of a build.

Definitely go to visit the Weavers in Gadsden. It is worth the trip, and you'll have lots of fun. Plan on making it to the next Homecoming, too! There you'll see lots of cars in lots of colors... which just might be the hardest decision to make.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
    Last edited by Slither; January 6th, 2009 at 10:46 PM.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Welcome.

Good choice on kits. The Weavers build a high quality car.

Order the big brake kit and have them put at least some 400 # sprigs up front so it can carry that big block better. Front and rear anti-sway bars.

I'll try to think of some more stuff but those come to mind right away.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Thumbs up Unique

If you use the search on the home page you can find hundreds of posts about "Why Unique" it should be very helpful. I suggest you make the trip to "Homecoming" in May. You can see and talk to 60+ owners and see 60+ beautiful cars. The real answer to your question is the Weavers. Every day, every time, without fail, no exceptions they out perform the other kit builders and have for over 30 years.

Good luck with your decision,
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

Talking Reward

Brent,

That's as good as it gets, that will get you a free meal at Top of the River I bet!!!!
    May even use your quote in Marketing Material.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Brown Noser??????

Rick I don't get your point at all ????
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

Thanks for the replies so far: keep 'em coming!

I've gone through posts going back 5 years now, trying to look at those related to builds, the ordering process, or those in the decision-making stage. The consistently high level of enthusiasm for the Unique cars and for the Weavers themselves is most impressive.

Darn it if I'm not pretty much sold on Unique now! As mentioned in the first post of this thread, ordering time won't be until late this year (and even that is contingent upon business performance) but I'll look at the bright side: that just leaves more time to visit the shop, talk to actual car owners, and decide on the myriad of options. Cool!

Why buy a Unique?

Welcome to the forum.

When asked why buy Unique. My reply is value and "the look". A hand laid body, premium components, and a handling chassis yields a great combination. I show my car a bit and have been quite sucessful bringing home awards from the show field. With 53 trophies to date I guess the judges also agree that our Unique's have "the look". Another cool thing is that many Unique replica owners are long term owners. I have owned my car for 8 years and have logged over 14,000 miles. As you will discover the cars are very well made with many are used competitively in racing events.

When you buy a Unique you get very good value, for the price that you expect, on time, with no hidden surprizes.
    As you've probably heard by now the Weavers provide extraordinary support.

Attached are some brag photos (44 out of 53 shown)
    - Geary (Aggressor)
    Last edited by Aggressor; August 14th, 2009 at 10:22 PM.

If you want to see there work ,and im talking many years of there work. You need to come to the homecoming. There are always empty seats where you can ride in these cars and see first hand. Pat

Welcome to the forum.

My company, 33autos is the Texas distributor for Unique Motorcars, Southern Automotive Engines and Tremec Transmissions. We are located in the Southwest part of Houston, Texas.

If you go to my website at www.33autos.com you will find a complete listing of the different Unique products and Southern Automotive Engines.

I would be more than happy to show you my Unique 289 FIA Roadster most anytime and discuss just how GREAT it is owning a Unique Motorcar and how easy it is working with the Weavers.

My phone number is 713-729-8736 and I would love to talk with you about these fine cars.

Regards,
    Terry
    Viking Blue 289 Competition Model
    Southern Automotive 351W
    Tremec TKO 600 5 speed
    3:42 Limited Slip
    3-piece Compomotive 17" Pin Drives

Hey Terry hows the knee doing?

Alan,

I've finally finished rehab!

What a bear that was.

I think it is finally strong enough to push in the clutch now, once I can get my left knee bent enough to get into the car. If the weather is nice this weekend I am going to try and get it out again. Then I can tell whether it is really well enough to drive any distance.

This total knee replacement was a lot more difficult than they thought as they had to do extensive bone work to make the stainless steel & teflon parts work with my leg bones. I had some severe reactions to the medications and wasn't able to keep anything down for about 10 days after the surgery. During that time I lost about 15 lbs. not a bad thing but a heck of a way to lose it!

I pasted my physical yesterday and hopefully am ready to return to a "normal" (whatever that is) way of life again.

Thanks for asking!

Regards,
    Terry
    Viking Blue 289 Competition Model
    Southern Automotive 351W
    Tremec TKO 600 5 speed
    3:42 Limited Slip
    3-piece Compomotive 17" Pin Drives

Quote Originally Posted by tcolley View Post
    ...I would love to talk with you about these fine cars.

Regards,
    Terry, I'll definitely be giving you a call. Having a local presence for Unique representation is of course a huge plus.

I've checked out your website: cool! Your 289 car is magnificent.

Take care with that knee rehab!

alan s.

I live in Pearland, not too far from you. If interested, you are more than welcome to come and look at my car and go for a ride. Like Terry I went with the 289 body, and am very satisfied with the car, Weaver family, and the forum.... Just a great product.

The Weavers have taken good care of me and when I had a little bump with my car they got me all the parts that were needed, and back on the road. (One day you will need parts and they will still be there)

During my search for a car, it came down to ERA and Unique. I liked both cars, both makes have been around for a long time with very good reputations, but ERA doesn't do a homecoming so I purchased a Unique. I won't be able to attend homecoming this year because of a baby due just a week before, but I hope to get back in the saddle for 2010.

Justin
    Last edited by Justin Upchurch; January 13th, 2009 at 06:02 PM.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Thumbs up

Congrats on the family, Justin!

You'll be missed, but just have Kelly and Jodina bring your car along to Homecoming, and I'll take good care of it for you!

Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Justin, thanks for the generous offer to take a look at your car, I'll definitely want to take you up on it. Given our "cool" temperatures this week, perhaps this weekend is not the best! Regardless, I look forward to getting in touch with you soon.

Smile

Congratulations Justin on your forthcoming baby!

Your car search was the same as mine settled on ERA or Unique. Went with Unique because of the Weavers and my buddy Butch Capps who has built several Unique cars.

Ralph

Ditto to the manufacturer search.
    I'll go you one better. Having narrowed it down to Unique or ERA also, I decided to go visit ERA in Conneticut (I live in New Jersey). Nice product, but when he starts suggesting what transmittion and which rear end install is superior and why you should have glass fuses, etc. I was uneasy. Good advice is priceless, but opinions are optional. It's my dream, my money and that was, and still is, understood by the Weaver's at UniqueMotorcars. Don't get me wrong, Alan and Maurice have opinions too, but they are served politely and smoothly. It's not my way or the highway style.
    Lastly, and it's been discussed many times, WHEN YOU NEED THEM AFTER THE BUILD - THEY ARE THERE TO SUPPORT YOU! Need I say that again?

Two quick stories.

I managed to crack a windshield a few years ago and called the Weavers on a Monday morning explaining that I had a show coming up on the following Saturday. Mrs. Weaver said to "sit tight" and she would see what she could do. I got her response on Wednesday morning as UPS delivered the fresh windshield to my door.

Another situation happened when Jet-Hot damaged my side pipes and the Weavers got involved on my behalf to resolved the problem.

As I said before extraordinary support.

-Geary

Thumbs up

I built my car in 2003, and couldn't be more pleased with the product or the Weaver's (extraordinary is a good description). As Brent suggested - do a search.

This question has been asked and answered more than a dozen times and the response is always the same
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)