Thread: Anyone with Nashville, Tn fed-ex connections?

Anyone with Nashville, Tn fed-ex connections?

After building a bullit proof shipping crate for my headers and side pipes, I hand delivered the 5'x 2'x 16'' crate to the closest fed-ex terminal, just to learn that after 10 days in Fed-ex's possesion, they've lost my exhaust system destined for the coater. Within 24 hours it made it to Nashville, Tn, but hasn't been seen since. I'm not getting any encouraging words from the fed-ex reps, just "we're sorry". I could understand misplacing a small envelope for a day or two, but to lose a 116 lb, 5' long wooden crate going on 11 days????.
    Anyway, after having my DPK for about a month, the body is at the painters going through its 3rd prime / blocking, and the chassis is complete and waiting. No doubt the majority of my work begins when the body returns [and hopefully my exhaust], but i just thought i would give a bit of an update. THANKS TO ALL that has ever added information and pictures into this forumas it cuts a persons build time and research to a fraction. The build so-far has gone without any unforseen obstacles, again, thanks to all of you and and your discovery's through trial and error and / or great idea's .
    Now, that being said, does anybody know anyone that works at the nashville fed-ex that can help find my headers!
    thanks,
    Eddie

Ms

I was glad I wouldn't have to ship mine since Jet Hot HAD an office here in Pascagoula. When I was ready to take the exhaust to them I called only to find out they had closed the plant a few weeks earlier so I'll have to ship them to OK.

I hope they find yours and I will insure mine heavily.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Thumbs down

Bummer!

I shipped a bass amp by Fedex a few years back and a couple of days into it I got a message that they were sorry about the problem with my parcel... (Problem? What problem? I was not aware of any problem...).

I called them to find out what was wrong, since I knew of no problem. They said there was an issue... but they could not tell me what it was... and the very same day they came to pick up the package (again) that was already shipped.

I tried to find out what was wrong, to no avail. A few days later, just about on schedule the package arrived at its destination with no apparent damage!

Go figure.

Your exhaust will probably turn up in a day or two, since someone probably made an error on some conveyer belt at their Nashville distribution center hub, and shipped it to outer Mongolia. I hope your situation works out for the best.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Sorry to hear your story....... that is just the $hit$. This doesn't help at all, but for future reference - I have heard and read so many horror stories regarding headers and side pipes being shipped and either being lost, stolen, or damaged it is disgusting. I hand delivered mine and picked them up when they were done - a 260 mile round trip, but worth it. I didn't have to worry where they were or who was doing the work - actually developed a very good relation with the coater. Again, sorry to hear of your pain.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

i too had heard all the story's relating to the exhaust being damaged during shipment so i took extra precautions and built a wooden crate you could drive a truck onto without any damage. I had even called the coater to confirm they would send them back in the same crate. the thought crossed my mind that perhaps someone at fed-ex thought i was shipping some sort of military weapon or something, triggering a closer inspection by opening the crate for a better look, but another call a few moments ago told me they were still clueless. I guess time will tell. Lesson learned, the hard way! Just trying to avoid an 800 mile round trip to the coater.

Eddie

got my headers back from fed ex

Well after 13 days and who know's hom many different fed-ex trucks, my headers were returned to me, BUT they were never taken to the coater.
    I was told that the fed-ex installed label must have come off some where between here and BFE. Fortunately I had written my return address on the inside of the shipping crate "just in case" thank goodness or i would have never got them back as even after my busted up crate was shipped back to me, the fed ex tracking system still showed it in transit to the coater So after repairing the crate [i think fed ex opened it with a sledge hammer] I took it back to fed ex for the second time with a promise from them they wouldn't lose it this time, as well as they would cover all shipping charges / 2-day air, both directions.

the lady at fed ex said "well, you know, we've been having some problems with them labels not sticking"

I hope you all have better luck than i did, but i'm happy i got them back.
    Eddie

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

VHT

Sorry for your troubles. It is tough to have to rely on others.
    I would not have sent them back.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

the lady at the header coating company called telling me they did arrive this morning [i shipped them the second time monday night bout 7pm]
    i seriousley considered not shipping them again with fed-ex, and getting my money back, but i figured with my luck, UPS would have taken their turn at me too. at least fed-ex [i think the 'ex' is short hand for EXtra days and EXtra frustration] is covering the shipping fee's back to me. hope it don't cost me in the long run.
    eddie

Thumbs up

Half way there!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear