Thread: reasons you chose Unique

reasons you chose Unique

Folks, new to this forum (one previous post) in particular and forums in general, so excuse what will be another question experienced members are probably tired of seeing. I am sure many of you have expressed your reasoning behind the choice of Unique, so with that in mind, can someone explain to me how I can research previous posts on the subject? I'd love to hear why you all decided to go with this manufacturer without having to ask you to explain it for the umpteenth time via a new thread.

Thanks,

Chris

When I was looking for a car, I had no idea what I was doing. Finding a well-sorted out, well constructed Unique was simply luck. Many times I've thought about how easily I could have chosen a POS and I probably wouldn't have known it until it was too late. Hard to believe that was 7 years and 35K miles ago.
    427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
    427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
    Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

Look and Quality. As well as other features I was looking for. IRS, original look dash, seats, steering wheel, shifter, etc... Kit order shipped complete. no back orders. You can't go wrong

Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Thumbs up

What originally attracted me (a novice builder) to Unique was the solid design and construction of the frame, IRS, and the fact that the Weavers would provide me with a roller (with the driveline assembled). Again, as a novice I didn't want to get in over my head with this project. Southern Automotive built my engine, transported it to Unique, and the Weavers installed it. I did everything else. Three and 1/2 years later I'm very satisfied and the car is great! I've learned much through the build process. The Weavers and SA have provided incredible support, and have never hesitated to answer any questions I've had; even the simple one's I felt embarrassed to ask. The talented members of this forum are also a great resource for answers to your questions. Finally, I liked the overall quality of the Deluxe Pallet Kit; the great fit of the doors, hood and trunk in particular. The car has a great solid feel on the road. I'll never be able to sell my Unique. Being a member of the Unique family is something very special.

Dick

Research/Comparisons, Visits, Rides, Tech Specs, Look, Length of Time the Manufacturer has built these cars, materials used and the people. It took me about 1 year.

Ralph

Ditto to above comments:

I am in the middle of building a deluxe pallet car (95% finished) and it has been a ton of fun. The Weavers do a great job delivering a very nice car that can be built by anyone. I did over 7 yrs of research before choosing a Unique. Why 7 yrs? Mainly saving my pennies. I chose a Unique when I went to the factory. I was hooked and never looked back. Good luck

Quality components
    Quality People (Weavers)
    Quality People (On this forum)

Phillip

Ask for the Company Brochure

Have a company brochure send or E-mailed to you. That was the main objective, to point out the strenghths and reasoning for purchasing a Unique vs the many other manufacturers. The brochure addresses the "Top Ten" reasons to buy from the Weavers. Hope you'll find it informative.
    We are on our fifth ownership year with ours, and she still gives me goosebumps. Besides, buying from them is a relationship, not just a purchase. Trust me, I'm pretty fussy. (from New Jersey, ya know).
    Contact Alan, Maurice or Mom.

I lucked out in purchasing my kit from unique. I was told from a good freind of mine [Brent] that there is only one choice as far as he was concerned, and this was something that Brent researched Very thoroughly prior to his purchasing a Unique. I got to take full advantage of all of Brents home work searching for the best product available. I kinda did things bass akwards as most of the research i did was after my purchase. I didn't know a lot about any of the manufactures products and started looking around for the sake of comparison. I found out in a hurry that i had purchased the best of the best! Painters that have dealt with other manufactuers body's always agree there is no comparison with what they get to work with. just take a look at the brochure photo's, thats how they come out of the mold. they are very straight, accurate and strong.
    I owe Brent a huge amount of thanks for leading me in the right direction. the first time i spoke to Alan i noticed his eagerness to help in any way he could, it just sealed the deal that much more.
    To be perfectly honest.......The Weavers could easily place a "satisfaction or your money back guarantee" on there cars, and never have to turn loose of a dime!
    thanks,
    Eddie

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Thumbs up

Nice photo Tony... love your concept for the car!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

thanks for the feedback

Folks,

Thanks for the personal replies as well as links for further reading. They all add up to a solid product and a lot of satisfied owners. If/when I make the move for a Unique, one of the things I need to do is to meet the Weaver family. That seems to be the strongest common denominator amongs the forum.

Thanks again,

Chris

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd427 View Post
    Folks,

Thanks for the personal replies as well as links for further reading. They all add up to a solid product and a lot of satisfied owners. If/when I make the move for a Unique, one of the things I need to do is to meet the Weaver family. That seems to be the strongest common denominator amongs the forum.

Thanks again,

Chris
    Chris,

Plan to be at the Homecoming, and you'll be able to see lots of cars, meet lots of owners, eat good food, tour the shop, and get to visit with the Weavers... all on the same visit. It is a great time and definitely worth the trip.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear