Thread: 427 S/C for sale

427 S/C for sale

The time has come for me to part with my Cobra. A lot of you know my car. If you do not, http://www.jerryscobras.net will get you to my web site. On the Home page, the top link in the body is "1965 BLUE/SILVER Cobra 427S/C Replica For Sale" takes you to the page. tHERE ARE LINKS AT THE BOTTOM THAT GO TO DETAIL SPECS and PICTURES.

HERE ARE THE BASICS:
    A beautiful Ford Royal Blue w/Mercedes Silver racing stripes, a Unique 427 Cobra Replica with all the right stuff - Factory Built Turnkey - first registered in Alabama in June, 2000 as a 1965 Ford with only 10,160 miles on the car and 2050 miles on a new engine! A 427 stroker engine (464cid), Edlebrock aluminum Performance heads (oversize valves, comp springs), original style header tank (polished SS Superformance), turkey pan (polished), Edlebrock aluminum intake manifold, Pentroof chrome valve covers, Stellings & Hellings air cleaner w/K&N filter, griffin aluminum radiator, Dove roller rockers on billet steel shafts, ported, polished, blueprinted, balanced, Mellings high volume oil pump, Canton road racing pan - 535hp to a 4 speed Toploader close ratio tranny, McLeod scatter shield/clutch, hydraulic slave cylinder - all to a Jag IRS rear end (3.31) w/Carrera coil over shocks (4 rear- 2 front), custom A arms in front & Wilwood 13" 6 piston brakes front, inboard Jag rear. The side pipes and headers are jet hot coated, chrome roll bar, H&R 5 point harnesses, Moto-Lita leather steering wheel, Stuart Warner gauges, leather seats, wool carpets. This one has all the options including a tonneau cover, soft top w/side curtains. Tires are BFG T/A radials 275R60x15 rear, 245R60x15 front on Trigo knock-off wheels w/spinners. It has the optional brushed aluminum panels lining the engine compartment and the grill snout. It also has an oil cooler w/braided lines and the MSD ignition setup with 6AL box/rev limiter, billet distributor, and coil.

This is a very nice car at a price well below replacement cost! New replacement cost is over $82,500. THE CURRENT PRICE: $45,500 - OBO! Call me at (251)979-8886 Located Foley, AL 36535
    Last edited by Jerry Rowley; February 15th, 2009 at 07:55 AM.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Oh Jer... do ya have to?

This is a really nice car for someone who is looking right now!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Must sell cobra

Hey guys, yeah, it's time to part with the car. I am too old to race and don't drive it enough to make the investment worthwhile now. I am also selling my truck, trailer, wheels (racing) and the Miata (97, 30k miles, M Edition). I want to get a Vette again (2000 driver) and an old American sled convertable with all the creature comforts including a/c. Then we can just cruise in comfort and the vette will take care of my parenial lead foot! And still provide economy on fuel and comfort. That's the plan, all I need is to sell the Cobra to start the plan in action! It's been a great car and loads of fun. I wish I had enough money to "do it all" and keep it as it is still a ball to drive 0-60 in 3.2, or pass in fourth gear from 30-100 in about 6!
    Jerry

Jerry, Gayle and I are both sorry to hear that you are selling your car. We know how much you and Trudy loved it. As for vets I would suggest a 2005 and newer a lot less mechanical problems and get one with the F51 package, the magnetic shocks huge difference.

Ralph