Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delux Pallet vs Options

Delux Pallet vs Options

Hi all. I have a problem with understanding the options vs the Delux Pallet. Is there a way to know what options are already in the delux pallet? Maybe I scanned too quickly...

Mike

You need to look at the price list for the basic (or minimum I believe) kit, and then the Pallet kit to see what is included with them, the deluxe kit just adds to what is already in the others. the options list has items in it that are included in the pallet kit and deluxe pallet kit, Hope this helps.
    Last edited by RJacobsen; March 9th, 2009 at 05:52 PM.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Call Alan

Bomelia, I had the same ? before I bought mine. Give Alan a call or e-mail. He can clarify.
    Took delivery on my 427 in Feb. I'm having a ball. Good luck.

Rod, I knew about that... I just get frustrated going back and forth trying to figure it out. I wish the list has asterisks by the option items so you could easily figure it out.

Cheese, I guess I could get in my car and go see them, they are just 80 miles from here. But I am afraid I would leave the shop 26K lighter and in a whole lot of trouble with my wife!

LMAO - Bomelia........... at least you are honest. Eighty miles? ...... still LMAO, even harder!
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Quote Originally Posted by cal.cheesehead View Post
    Bomelia, I had the same ? before I bought mine. Give Alan a call or e-mail. He can clarify.
    Took delivery on my 427 in Feb. I'm having a ball. Good luck.
    Ya'll can call me Mike. My username is a holdover from clubcobra. Cheese, what "options" if any did you add to your kit?

I assume you got the delux pallet.

Phil, I do a lot of "ultra" running and for two of my races, I end up driving right by the store on my way to Talladega National forrest... So hard to stay focussed.

Mike
    Last edited by bomelia; March 9th, 2009 at 08:20 PM.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by bomelia View Post
    I am afraid I would leave the shop 26K lighter and in a whole lot of trouble with my wife!
    Yup, you can just about bet on it!
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Quote Originally Posted by bomelia View Post
    Rod, I knew about that... I just get frustrated going back and forth trying to figure it out. I wish the list has asterisks by the option items so you could easily figure it out.
    yeah I know what you mean. It could be set up a little clearer. Alan??
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Here is a list by numbers of items included with a DPK, 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 15, 24, 25, 26, 28, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 47, 50, 58, 61, 76. For a limited time we are including a drive shaft, quick jacks and ceramic coated exhaust. On the price sheet we mail out there is an asterisk by the parts included, I thought it was the same on our web site price page, we will take of it. Mike are you coming to our open house in May?

Alan

Alan, most likely. What day is it?

I think at one time you did have asertisks on the included items... I tried figuring it out last night and still got a bit confused.

I have a great big engine and nothing to put it in. My big challenge is (as always) that one can build the engine over time, bit by bit. Then there is this huge step function in price when it comes to the body. Actually, its not really MY problem... its my wife's problem, but then again, that makes it my problem.

I am open to ideas.

Address is 3202 Dry Stone Cir
    Hampton Cove, AL 35763

Mike

Mike, one of the real advantages of the DPK is a most of the stuff has already been dry fitted fitted to the car. Huge savings in time and effort. You may want to check this point out more carefully when you visit Unique.

Ralph

Mike,

Tell your wife you need to come up with 26 k to pay back child support for a kid you never knew you had from your drunken college days. When you tell her you were just teasing, she'll go ahead and gladly sign your permission slip when see learns where the money ISN'T going to
    Eddie

Talking

If Mike was married to my girl he'd never stay alive long enough to say he was just teasing!

Ralph

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphscott View Post
    If Mike was married to my girl he'd never stay alive long enough to say he was just teasing!

Ralph
    I suppose at that point he wouldn't need to worry about the money anymore!

Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Quote Originally Posted by robbinsshkr View Post
    Mike,

Tell your wife you need to come up with 26 k to pay back child support for a kid you never knew you had from your drunken college days. When you tell her you were just teasing, she'll go ahead and gladly sign your permission slip when see learns where the money ISN'T going to
    Eddie

Just tried this. Did not work. Whaa.

Quote Originally Posted by weaver View Post
    Here is a list by numbers of items included with a DPK, 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 15, 24, 25, 26, 28, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 47, 50, 58, 61, 76. For a limited time we are including a drive shaft, quick jacks and ceramic coated exhaust. On the price sheet we mail out there is an asterisk by the parts included, I thought it was the same on our web site price page, we will take of it. Mike are you coming to our open house in May?

Alan
    I wonder of the options not listed, which ones would be "regret" items? Ones you cannot change out or add later?

Is the entire brake system (calipers, etc) Wildwood?

Mike

Front brakes are Wilwood, rear brakes are rebuilt Girling.

Good on the wildwood.

But what about the "regret" items. Those things I might wish later I had done, but it will be too late after full assembly...?

Mike

Mike, Here are a few of my preferences:

I don't know where you live but in TN the Heater Defroster option is a good idea. I really use the defroster more than the heater. I only used the heater before I got my puller fan to help pull down engine temp in slow traffic.

Knock-off or bolt-on wheels. I went with the bolt-ons and just changed to the Knock-offs not a cheap conversion and very labor intensive. An impotant decision to make if you have any doubts.

Hand Brake is a very good option to have. When I got the kit the hand brake had not been perfected. So I had a linelock e-brake. You definetly want to go with the hand brake up front.

I got a top and side curtains and never used it, I may in the future, but not yet. But do get the snaps installed for the tonneau cover and get it.

As for the rear end Posi is good to have and also try to match your rear end ratio to your engine power band and how you drive. I cruise at 60-75.

I don't know what some of the other options are now but those are the first ones to come to my mind.

Ralph

I have the top loader transmission that makes driving at highway speed not so good.