Thread: a little more progress

a little more progress

Nothing you guy's haven't seen before, but figured a few photo's may come in handy if anyone is ever curious about these items. Although it appears as such, the mounting plates for the MSD and fuse panel have an inch or so between them and the firewall. The photo's look as if they are bolted to the firewall, but in fact they are mounted to the back side of the cross bar.

MSD and fuse panel mounted
    MSD mounting plate
    First coat of bed liner under coating
    E-brake mounting plate
    Thanks,
    Eddie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra 222.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	240.9 KB 
ID:	1739   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra 217.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	250.1 KB 
ID:	1740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra 219.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	244.7 KB 
ID:	1741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra 204.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	256.3 KB 
ID:	1742  

Last edited by robbinsshkr; March 10th, 2009 at 09:51 AM.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Looks like you're having fun, Eddie! That undercoating job looks great! Did you mask off the fender well lip, or are you that good at drawing the lines?
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

I am enjoying it very, very much. It's a great project! I mask the area off before hand, good thing too, after my head was stuck up in the wheel well smellin the bed liner fumes I couldn't have followed a single line because I was seeing double

Question

Eddie, dumb question, but are you clear for the wiper motor installation?

Ralph

Hope I'm not the first

Not a dumb question at all, I hope I am not about to give a dumb answer, but I elected to not install the wiper motor assembley. It will still have the portion[s] that protrude through the cowl to hold the blades and the motor mounting bolts are still in place. I hope this car never see's the rain if it can be helped. The wiper assembley is put up on the shelf if i ever change my mind. It would just be a matter of moving the mounting plates to the front side of the cross member rather than bolting it to the back side. I'm curious....am I the first to not put in the wiper motor and just the wiper arm retainers [for appearance only]?
    You get an attaboy for being observant
    Eddie
    Last edited by robbinsshkr; March 10th, 2009 at 10:10 AM.

question

Is there enough room to change the pill in the MSD?

Eddie my original response to you got dumped when I sent it, so I will repeat it.. Just a few points to think about at this stage of the build...I treat my car like wise and only occasionally get caught out in the rain so I am glad I have the wipers (even with rainX). On cold humid mornings condensation will form on the outside of the windshield so again the wipers are a plus. If your state has no vehicle inspection you should be OK, if it does and the wipers are non functional you will have to make the fix.

Ralph

Indiana just requires a police check. I think Brent said they charge five bucks and will come to your home. I think they are mostly verifying the vin. That being said, you make some very valid points with the dew and the likely possability that i will get stuck in the rain one of these days. I think I'll take your suggestion and make the change, bringing them to the front side of the cross bar. It will be an easy task as the bolt holes will still line up with the aluminum mounting plates. The pill can be changed although the camera angle makes it look too close. What chip / pill do most of you guys use with a BB. I think I installed the 6500. Thanks for the insight
    Eddie

You might think about painting the cowl area black before going too much further, when you install the carpets all that red will stick out like a sore thumb.

Alan

Wipers

Mine are functional, 2 speed as original equipment......
    Spend a lot of time getting them to work correctly.

When mine was inspected, the lady (a real bit@%) checked my wipers, lights, emergency flasher, turn signals, brake lights, ect.

For me if is on there then it's gonna work correctly as it was intended to, that's just me. If there is a problem I will be with it full time until there is no problem.
    Last edited by eliminator; March 11th, 2009 at 11:53 AM.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

wipers

Hey Eddie,

Rick is right, be VERY careful when you do the wipers. Many guys have put the blades on and watched them grind across the cowl due to adjustment. It is not as easy as just setting they to one side, throwing on the wipers, and hitting the switch.

I know how particular you are and you will probably go over it ten times. I just thought I would throw it out there (-:
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

You are watching out for each other!

Hey guy's,

it was always my intentions to paint the cowl area black and install the wipers, I just wanted to see how many of you were paying attention.

I am just teasing....I will paint the area and install the wipers. Thats the good thing about posting pictures and talking to people that have already been there, done that and know better. I will also watch the wiper adjustment. Brent you would have probably heard me cuss'n and cry'n if I would have turned them on, gouging or scratching something. A big thank you to you all for pointing these things out saving me from a lot of headaches. I welcome and appreciate any advice I can get.
    Thanks,
    Eddie