Thread: Four posts lifts

Four posts lifts

Anyone have any expierence with either of these lifts? Biggest thing I'll be lifting is a 2005 extended cab 1/2 ton truck and the smallest is the Cobrs.

http://www.pantherlifts.com/Panther/...14&prevstart=0

http://www.americanautomotiveequipme...s7000xlt-d.htm

I don't know anything about these two manufacturers.

I have an Eagle 2 post lift that I installed in Spring 2004. The Eagle products are rugged and well built (American Steel). I have also seen Backyard Buddy 4 post lifts demonstrated at auto shows and they seem to be a quality product.

-Geary

I'm getting set up to install a 4 post lift. I've got a 2 car garage with 10'3" of ceiling height. I'm having the garage door tracks moved up to about 2 inches from the ceiling, and installing a side mount automatic door opener (jack shaft type). I plan on getting the lift this summer. The three lifts that I like the most are the Rotary Revolution, Bendpak HD9B, and Direct Lift 8S. The safety back up on the Bendpak runs on off a compressor, different from the others. My garage width is kind of tight. I'll be storing my Mustang underneath the Cobra. I'm looking for optimal clearance between the posts so I can pull the Mustang in/out easily, while not getting too wide for my garage. The Direct Lift seems to be the best fit for me. It's also ALI certified.

This will be the last winter with the Mustang outside all winter. I've gotten weary of scraping ice off the windshield every morning.

Dick

Revolution Lift By Rotary Lift - Madison, IN

These are American Made, I purchased mine at the Street Rod Nationals several years ago. Madison, Indiana is within 75 miles of Louisville, KY so they have about 4-5 in the shows as demo's I got there within the first hour and made claim to one of the new ones being set up as a demo. Got the lift, 2 drip pans, 1-jack pad, 1-caster kit for $2,800,(about 1/2 price). We picked it up after the show on Sunday, took it apart just so it would fit on tandem flat utility trailer and hauled it to the new garage. My ceilings are 10'6". I can go all the way up in the Cobra, 7,000# capacity. You can get them in 220V or 110V, same motor, the 220V just moves the motor quicker. My back loves this lift....must have for waxing the frame.

This type of garage door opener helps....See previous thread on lifts in history.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by eliminator; March 16th, 2009 at 06:26 AM.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear