Thread: speedometer, brake / clutch lines

speedometer, brake / clutch lines

I would like to ask how most of you route the speedometer cable. there are very few pictures, but the one i seen looked as if it came from behind the dash and run along the inside of the tunnel, staying inside the car until exiting where it hooks up to the trans. is this the chosen method rather than exiting at the bottom of the dash / tunnel area with the other wiring and then running up the outside of the tunnel?

brake & clutch lines.....if looping into the foot box, where from there? do most of you run them down the front inside wall of the foot box, following the interior tunnel until its exit point or do they exit from inside the foot box and run on the outside of the tunnel?

Am I the only one that had trouble getting the harness through the 1 1/8 holes? I did it without tearing anything, but it wasn't easy.
    Thanks,
    Eddie

it seems to tight a bend to run inside the cabin. i ran mine straight thru the fire wall in line with the speedo then secured it to the tunnel, my rear brakes and clutch run on top of the foot box in the engine compartment

Eddie;
    I wrote you a nice detailed description of my install but when I went to submit it the site was down and it was lost, so I'll make it short: through the tunnel, over the footbox and down the firewall, and yes.
    Bill Stradtner, Portsmouth, VA
    427 S/C #9442
    427W Dart "Replica" Ford Engine