Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Testament to Unique's engineering

Ron it will for sure be an experience your 10 year old will not forget. I've got a 14 year old granddaughter that is my helper. She can get her hand into places I only dream about anymore. Further more she loves working on the car and learning new things...it gives her a break from the tedious task of texting if you know what I mean..

Ralph

Ron, like everyone here, I glad that the only thing damaged was the car and that you both could walk away from this wreck. As far as going out of pocket rather than let the insurance cover the damage, I'm confused over this. I guess my first question would be "who did you insure with" and second "was this an agreed value policy"? If your pockets are deep enough to foot this on your own, I'm happy for you to be so fortunate. But from your posts, you mention that this will take some time to build up the funds to rebuild the car. What you do is your business and none of mine (or anyone else's for that matter), but I'm just curious as to why you're not letting the insurance company either pay to fix the car or cut you a check for the total loss. And being none of my business, I'll understand if you don't wish to discuss this.
    Jim Harding
    #4279512 - SA452 - TKO600
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

PM to you Jim

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by RonJ View Post
    She's really not happy since somehow my wedding ring got ripped off during the wreck.

Mmmm-Hmmm... and she bought that, eh?

Hope it turns up for you.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Quote Originally Posted by Slither View Post
    Mmmm-Hmmm... and she bought that, eh?

Hope it turns up for you.
    Doesn't that mean you're single when you don't have your ring on. (he said sarcastically)
    I only wear my wedding band when we go out together. Almost lost my finger a couple of times at work so the ring stays in the jewelry box.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Talking Ho! Ho!

"Almost lost my finger a couple of times at work so the ring stays in the jewelry box."

Boy, your wife is a soft touch, Tony! When I whimper that I'm gonna take mine off 'cause it might get caught (and lose a finger), my wife says she'll put it around my neck for me....going over my head, of course

It's probably somewhere under the seat, Ron - occurs to me that anything I truly lose somehow always winds up under the seat of the car, where extraction is akin to gall bladder surgery thru the belly button.

-Roger
    Yeehah

This thread has got me wondering what others do about rings. I have met several guys missing fingers due to rings getting caught, ripping them off. One guy was working with his dad stacking lumber and when done went to swing down, letting go of the edge of the board to drop a couple of feet to the ground. Problem was that his school ring snagged on a knot and he felt a hard jerk on his arm. Looking up he saw what looked like some strings hanging down then noticed his arm and hand hurt like hell. At that point he realized what he was looking at were some ligaments from his arm that were still attached to the finger. Any metal item on your finger or arm can lead to problems. Another one I know suffered bad burns on his arm after reaching up behind the dash of his car, snagging his watch bracelet on a wiring connection shorting it out. Anyhow, I haven't worn a ring of any kind for 30 years and my wife understands why, it has nothing to do with acting single.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by arrowdriver View Post
    This thread has got me wondering what others do about rings. Another one I know suffered bad burns on his arm after reaching up behind the dash of his car, snagging his watch bracelet on a wiring connection shorting it out.

Haven't worn mine in years, either. They are not good company in the electronics lab, since, as stated above, there is a chace to find a dead-short in some electronics cabinet somewhere! Besides, that jewelry stuff drives me crazy... can't even wear a wristwatch.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

From my own experience and talking to others I have given up on jewelry.
    I don't wear a watch either.

Roger,
    I thought you looked uncomfortable wearing pants.

Besides a ring seems to be a chick magnet for some reason so I joke with my wife when I put it on that I am cruisin' for a women. She laughs.

arrowdriver.......OUCH!
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Wink Awww...

Quote Originally Posted by Naumoff View Post
    Roger,
    I thought you looked uncomfortable wearing pants.

Damn right, PlungerMan.....Loincloth for me!
    Yeehah

Ron

WOW, I am really glad to hear that you and your daughter are ok! Of course, I'm sorry to hear about the car but family is more important than anything we spend money on...

-Jason

Glad to see you're OK. Darn Valley is full of groundhogs, all over I81. I rarely do much to avoid an animal in the road just so the same thing doesn't happen to me. Ran over a squirrel once and my wife had a fit, I mean a downright crying fit! Went with the flow, truck was fine, squirrel was very dead! All was well in a couple of days.