Thread: Tires, tires, tires...

Tires, tires, tires...

Noticed about 85% of us have 15” wheels. I’m sure everyone doesn’t ride on BFG’s, but where do you guys get your rear tires? I figure if ya’ll are like me, the rears get changed about as often as the oil. BFG has had their 295-50-15 on national backorder for almost 2 years?! If I did not already have the front tires in hand, I would be looking for another brand….but who? Any help? Thanks in advance.

Still working on my car.. bought my Firestone Indy 500's from Tirerack.com and had them shipped to Gadsden.

Tires

Kumho makes a 295/50/15 and I like them. M/T also is making that size now and they have the Sportsman S/R. I think all of these are avaible from Summit.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...em=SportsmanSR

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...em=SportsmanST

Tires

Try tires easy , jegs and summit .you can also try calling yokohama tire dist.and ask if they can help you . It worked for me last year.hope this helps

Thanks guys, been re-roofing and RV today, so I'll check those sites later tonight. Thanks for your help. Does anyone have any pics, white letters out-black side out. (Just good tires shots?)

I switched to the Yokohamas several years ago and have had spectacular luck with them but my understanding is that they are going out of the business for 15" wheels. (I have a FIA small block car and use 255/60-15 rear and 235/60- 15 fronts. I dread the thought of going back to BFG.
    Phil

Has anyone had experience driving the Firestone Indy 500's? I'm seriously considering buying a set but wonder if they are as good as the salesman says?

tires

BFG = a$$

Thats all I have to say.
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

As I stated before my cars still in the build. Tirerack.com has reviews on all their tires. Quite a few on the Firestone. None negative.

Indy 500

I have spoken to 2 people running the Indy 500s and both were pleased with the balancing and RFV. Should be ok.
    Brent
    "Build em' light and wind em' tight!"
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2660122
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2659961

Sold Unique 427SC

I got lucky and bought a new set of Yoko's on this site (245's and 295's) last year. Great tires, but no longer commercially available.
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)