Thread: Shell Valley

Shell Valley

Anyone read the Shell Valley story on ClubCobra? Pretty sad state of the Industry.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    I happened to speak with Maurice today, and he mentioned that shell Valley was gone. I hadn't heard. It isn't the car for me, but I hate to see this happen.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Certainly sad to see, especially since SV had absorbed Midstates some time back (I was a big Midstates fan), plus SV was a part supplier to other firms.

I understand that the business climate is cyclical and this shake-out is part of the deal, but it still hurts nonetheless.

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    I am really surprised to hear that Crane Cams is gone as well! I think it went up for auction today...
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear

Times are in the replica and aftermarket industry, there is still plenty of interest but its so easy to put off a purchase till a later day, we just have to find a way to survive. We have taken in work we would normally turn down just to keep the guys busy. It was sad to see SV go, Rich is one of the nice guys in this buisness, he just got tired of the fight. We hope to sell a few kits at this years Homecoming, we will have our selling shoes on.

Alan

Alan ,
    I am out in my Unique frequently now that the weather is getting warmer . Every time I stop I have people come over to look and I always make sure they know how to find you .

Also , there are several car shows comming up in my area I plan on going to that will have 4 to 500 + cars in the shows . I am sure you will get some free advertising out of it .

Rick Findley
    Rick Findley

Thanks Rick, we need all the help we can get.

Alan

Alan,

none of us want to prey on anothers misfortune, but unique is already one of the leaders in this market, perhaps you will notice a big increase in sales if this economy ever gets straightened out, or at least i sure hope that you do. the hard part for any of us is trying to keep our heads above water until that day comes.
    Eddie

The Wife

Since the wife can't seem to get the hang of shifting the transmission we will build a Auto car for her sooner or later. She wants the hardtop and AC too. Its still a reason to build another one if I get through with this one.

I think I'll put a 340 Dodge motor in it!

Smile

I had a 1970 Dart Swinger 340, 4 speed back in '72. It was a sweet ride!!!
    Wished I kept it!!!
    Jeff

Unique 427 S/C #4279451
    Survival Motorsports FE482
    4 Speed Toploader (Nascar close ratio)

Brothers

My brother has one in a Demon, it outpulls my 406 in the Cobra.