Thread: Oil on Engine

Oil on Engine

Hello all,

I have an engine related question. My engine is the SA 406 with 280 miles. I noticed today what appears to be an oil build up around the distributor shaft on the intake manifold. It looks as if oil was poured onto the area. Can oil push out around the distributor shaft opening?

Thanks,

Ric
    427 SC Orange 406 FE from SA Tremec 600 #4279503

Do you have breathers? If the crankcase is closed, you could get some engine blowback through almost any area
    Bill D

Slowly accumulating parts to build a period correct 289FIA

Distributor Seal, FE Ford

Yes, there is a seal around the distributor that could be cut, if so it will leak a lot in that area even with breathers. Then at one time the MSD Distributors, early Billet models, where not the right spec on the the shaft and seal, (too small) they leaked. I know because I had one, I got with MSD and they checked the Ford specifications and made an inline change in the manufacture to correct it. They sent me a new one and it worked fine.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Wink

I have that problem right now. It started last year, I think I might have damaged the "O" ring when I had the distributor out to prime the oil pump after setting for the winter.
    Spoke to MSD and they set me out a new "O" at no charge. One of the last projects to do before firing up this "Summer" weekend! Supposed to be in the high 80's!!!

Alan thanks for the rear sway bar kit, went in like a dream, real easy!!!
    Jeff

Unique 427 S/C #4279451
    Survival Motorsports FE482
    4 Speed Toploader (Nascar close ratio)