Thread: Viking Blue Paint

Viking Blue Paint

Hello UMC Cobra jockeys - My UMC 289 FIA Cobra #9299 painted Viking Blue has picked up a few stone chips (hey, I drive it as much as I can . . . it happens). I really like the Viking Blue paint with red transverse hood stripe which gives the car the look of the Dan Gurney / Jerry Grant original Cobra #2323 (entered as car #146 in the 1964 Targa Florio and won GT 3000+ class) . . . until you open the hood . . . oops, no Webers (yet), just a Holley 650.

Does anybody happen to know the exact paint code for Viking Blue paint for touch up. Sure would appreciate your information if you do. Thanks! - Bill Doolittle
    Last edited by DCX35; April 25th, 2009 at 07:07 AM. Reason: spelling

Code E on a 1963 Ford but each paint company has a different formula, it might be several shades off.

Alan

The back of my sample card from Bruce Bunn (Jodeco Auto Body) says 63 Ford PPG System 3753 Code E Metallic Base Clear Coat

Paint Code

MY UMC FIA VIN 9289 is Viking Blue. I had some paint matched to the color and have some left. i will get the code and send to you. I could also give you enough paint for touch ups.
    Dennis M. Swann

Here are the paint codes I have for Viking Blue:

PPG-DBU is System 3753 Code E
    Sherman Williams is UX 7262 62-63 Ford Code E
    Unique 289FIA - Chassis #9229 - Viking Blue

Check with a proffesional AutoBody Paint and supply company. The should be able to scan you car and get you an exact match and blend it for you.