Thread: tearing down to build back

tearing down to build back

Here are a few pics of my son And me doing the teardown. He was having a ball taking it apart can't wait until we get to put it back together. He likes working the hoist, I didn't have anything to lift the body off the frame and being out in the sticks extra labor is hard to come by so I welded up my own body hoist to take it off. It worked great for taking it off but I'd be a little tooo worried about the paint to use that method to put it back on.

The engine seems to be fine. There are 2 pics of the oil pan, timing chain cover and belt pulley which seem to be the only engine parts I'll need to repace other than alternator brackets and headers. The only thing remaining on the body to be taken off is the clutch master cyl. and pedal.
    I really wish I could make it to the open house to bring some stuff back to start rebuilding but have some prior commitments.
    Alan, I'm sure I'll be contacting you soon to order a new frame, body ect. You all have a good time at open house!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra & McCormics farm 010.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	1793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra & McCormics farm 012.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	1794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra & McCormics farm 025.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	1795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra & McCormics farm 024.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	215.6 KB 
ID:	1796  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra & McCormics farm 023.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	1797  

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Wow Ron, sorry you can't make it down. Can any of it be used a starting point, or is it so bad that it just doesn't make sense?

Have you talked with the Weavers yet? They might be able to help with that decision.

Keep us posted, and again, sorry that you had such misfortune.
    Paul

289 USRRC
    1964 289 5-bolt block
    Toploader and 3.31 rear