Thread: Part 15 – Frame Welding is done.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Part 15 – Frame Welding is done.

While some of you are putting your cars together, mine has finally come completely apart. I have finished all of the repairs and modifications to the frame and removed everything that is removable. I took a big box of small parts to the Powder-coater yesterday and the frame goes in next week. I’m smiling really big right now.

Here it is before coating,

Besides all of the work that was necessary to rebuild what the previous owner had done the following changes from original were made, they include moving the radiator support forward and redesigning its shape to allow room for a custom-built radiator and shrouded cooling fans, widening the frame at drivers foot box for more heel room, adding a remote filter bracket, welding in brackets for seat and seatbelt attachments, adding frame tie down loops for trailering, adding attachment brackets for a rear axle brace and rear suspension bump stops. I also took time to weld in attachment nuts wherever it made sense to. Can’t wait to get it all back and start putting it together for real.

To be continued….
    Last edited by RJacobsen; May 19th, 2009 at 04:08 PM.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"