+1 to Rod's post.

With low rear end gearing, you will run out of 1st. gear pretty quick. With all that stroker torque you're gonna have, your likely best bet in a 5-spd would be the TKO-600's as they have a taller first gear than the TKO-500's (2.87 vs. 3.27). Richmond 5-spds are also an option, and they do appear to have some selection in how you set up the gear spread. Of course it goes without saying you will pay for this selectability.

The 3.27 first with a 3.31 or 3.25 type rear ratio won't be useless at all, and might even be much more comfortable than the 2.87 (i.e., smoother easier startups). I believe the standard T-5's have 2.95 firsts, but might not be quite enough trans for a big inch stroker - but the World Class models might be OK......check with D&D Performance (http://www.ddperformance.com/index.php) before you go for one of these. Before I start hearing all the shouts about T-5's and how they break, remember these are 2500 lb. Cobras, not 3600 lb. Mustangs - and most of us just don't regularly do holeshots with 10" wide slicks under the car. Stuff like that does make a difference.

As regards the overdrive.....with 482" either the standard 0.64 or the road race 0.82 will be fine, especially with 3.31's or lower in the rear. You will, no doubt, have enough torque to pull the 0.64 high gear and not want for performance. The 0.82 would allow the engine to cruise with a bit more rpm, which may or may not be desirable to you. Your call.

-Roger