Thread: Seat adjutment tracks????????

Seat adjutment tracks????????

I was planning on installing seat adjusters. I wasn't convinced I would find that optimal position for the seat, bolt it down and everything would be good. So it seemed like this was an easy decision. Are there any downsides to adjutable seats? Thanks
    Tom

I put them on both of the seats in Lil Cobra, just remember to put some tilt in the seat to make them more comfortable. I like my adjustable seat as I can slide it up to drive and slide it back to give me lots of room to exit and enter.

Ralph

Thumbs up Me, too

+1 on Ralph's advise. I also put them on both seats - on the drivers so that others (read:family) can try driving, and on the passengers so that some storage space behind seat could be used.

-Roger
    Yeehah

It is an easy decision. Install adjusters on both seats. Summit Racing has a fine set that I installed 8 years ago. As I recall they were $29.00 a side back then. Also, as Ralph stated, raise the front edges of both seats to establish a rearward rake.

-Geary

counld not find them at the Summit site. Looked at Jegs also. Anyone know of another source?

Also..How much tilt did you put in the seat?
    Thanks

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Seems to me I have my front lifted 1.5" or so. Put the adjusters on and sit in the car. Stack something under the front until you feel comfortable and make the spacer!
    http://www.ohiocobraclub.com
    http://www.londoncobrashow.com

That's great! Thanks. I guess when I did my search I was calling them something different. Empty Bud Light cans make great shims.. I'll start with a couple.

Tom,
    I have a seat adjuster that I purchased from NAPA that I just took out of my car. I never used the adjustment feature, always was all the way back. It made me sit a little high so I removed it this year. If you want it I'll send it to you free, just pay for the shipping. I'll also send the angle shims to make it set level when you raise the front of the seat.
    Jeff

Unique 427 S/C #4279451
    Survival Motorsports FE482
    4 Speed Toploader (Nascar close ratio)

I initially put seat adjusters on both seats. After driving the car for a while I found that I preferred siting lower in the car. I'm 5'11" and I felt like I was looking over the top of the windshield too much. So I decided to remove them from the drivers seat, but kept them on the passenger side. Having a little storage space behind the passenger seat is nice sometimes.

DU

Sliding Seat Brackets from Summit: Part # SUM-G1152 or SUM-G1153 - $29.95 and $26.95 respectively. A 1 inch spacer sandwiched between the seat bottom leading edge and the sliding adjuster.

- Geary
    Last edited by Aggressor; August 14th, 2009 at 10:27 PM.