Thread: need a little help

need a little help

There are a ton of post that pop up when searching under "carpet", but i am yet to run across what i'm looking for. The down loadable assembly manual does have a section for carpet installation, but seems to be leaving some pieces out, they are shaped a bit different than the actual carpet pieces, or the photo is cut off. The manual says the carpet peices are numbered in the order they are to be installed. my carpet has no numbers anywhere. I am certain I can figure out where they go, but having the sequence in which they are placed will prevent the wrong edge showing or the lack of a perfect fit if i trim the wrong piece at the wrong time. Is it just "fit by trial" or were most other sets numbered?
    Any help would be great! If it would help, i can post a single picture tonight of all the carpet pieces laid out together.
    Thanks,
    Eddie

If I recall correctly, mine were not numbered. It was kinda like "guess and by golly". The area that I paid particular attention to was the bulkhead. I had seen some that were installed improperly causing wrinkles - ruined the look of the whole car. I must have measured-n-cut and set in place 5x's before apply the adhesive. Another thing I learned - you can use bbq lighter fluid and a rag to wipe off any glue that might spill on the carpet
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Eddie, When I got mine i opened the bag to do a quick inventory. I thought I saw numbers. I'll check tonight. If i do i'l lay em out and send you a photo.

Thank you both. the lighter fluid tip is a handy one to know!

cheese, a photo would be great. my pieces are marked left and right, but no numbers. I'll keep my fingers crossed that yours are.
    Thanks again to the both of you,
    Eddie