Thread: Front License Plate

Front License Plate

Some states are ticketing for the lack of a front license plate. Preparing for the use of speed and stop light cameras I guess. Nothing looks dorkier than a front plate on a Cobra. Most that I've seen appear to have been installed on a bracket fabricated by their grandmother and mounted by their drunken brother-in-law. Attention Fireman: You better phone that beach bar in St. Marteen and have them send you back your plate that's nailed to the wall.
    MIKE DEL

Your Warranty Voided Here...If you can't open it, it's not yours.

289 USRRC, 357 Magnum Windsor

We just recently got cameras here in Kansas City, and they take photos of both the front and back of the car, so they'll get us no matter what. I refuse to run a front plate on my car even though Missouri requires it.

I have started seeing more and more of these being installed on cars around here:

http://www.photomaskcover.com/index-1.html

I've seen them on cars myself, and it appears as if they might work, but I'm not willing to be a product tester.
    Unique 289FIA - Chassis #9229 - Viking Blue

Front Plate General Info

Mike: Years ago in a British publication I saw a European license plate that was attached at the bottom to the oval front bumper. The plate stood upright centered just above the lower edge of the grille opening. The car was a 289 Sports model or a later COB model. This placement blocked air in the lower grille opening area so the attachment points were spring loaded and pivoted backward towards the radiator at speed. In this laid back position much needed air flowed to the radiator at speed.

-Geary